Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot upcoming gigs

Jealous, was just too bloody expensive for me.
Yeah it was about £50 with all booking fees but he pretty much did a greatest hits set and was well worth the money (already regretting the £50 I've spent on New Order tickets for next weekend)

Aiming for PJ Harvey tickets when on sale this Friday, £44 though. Got Black Sabbath tickets and need to get Goat tickets for Manchester gig in October.

Aiming for PJ Harvey tickets when on sale this Friday, £44 though. Got Black Sabbath tickets and need to get Goat tickets for Manchester gig in October.

It's a bit steep intit. Plus a night's accommodation in Wolverhampton. Which will probably be cheaper than the ticket to be fair.

Off to see Lucinda Williams in Bristol this evening. Legend.

Supported by Aussie brothers, The Pierce Brothers. Saw them supporting The Felice Brothers and they were brilliant.

I have ambivalent feelings about both Goat and Hookworms, and the in-house PA at the Albert Hall has been awful on all the previous occasions I've been there - it's ok if there's a big tour playing who bring their own kit, but I'm not sure I would go to another stand alone gig there until they sort it out.

On the plus side, both Jane Weaver and Mugstar are at the top of their game atm.

yo london, go to this.

CrqFGq_WAAAl2hr.jpg:large

Yussef Kamaal with full ensemble at the Jazz Cafe this Friday. Not been this excited for a gig in a long time. Keen to finally see what the JC like inside now too.

Hmm, too skint to do both...should I go and see Dan Michaelson & the Coastguards (again) on Friday, or L7 on Monday? Dilemmas, dilemmas.

oh I was so sad to miss Sin-Eater, my partner went and had a great time. We are off to Liverpool Psych so will put on our list.

Re Sin-Eater my partner loved 'That Fucking Tank' & ordered a CD from them (Bandcamp I think), it took 2 months to arrive with note saying they were no more..he was gutted as they were/are due to play Liverpool too.

oh I was so sad to miss Sin-Eater, my partner went and had a great time. We are off to Liverpool Psych so will put on our list.

Re Sin-Eater my partner loved 'That Fucking Tank' & ordered a CD from them (Bandcamp I think), it took 2 months to arrive with note saying they were no more..he was gutted as they were/are due to play Liverpool too.

Sin Eater was literally the best festival I've ever been to. I will definitely be back next year..... (if it happens). I missed That Fucking Tank as they were the last band to play on Sunday and I had to leave mid-afternoon. I've seen them a few times before though and they were ace - sad to hear they've split :(

We camp there a few times a year (Brow Farm), it's just such a lovely place. Unothodox Paradox held their event there last September & I thought it was just perfect.

Taking my mum to see Andre Rieu in Leeds just before Xmas. Nearly £100 a ticket :eek:, but since my dad and aunt died there's been nobody to accompany her to these type of things, so I've volunteered and bought her a ticket for her Christmas present. Already asked her whether she'll be buying a brand new pair of knickers from M&S to chuck at the stage or throwing an old pair. ;)

I've been subjected to various Andre Rieu DVD's over the years, can't say I'm a fan, but my dear old mum has been a massive fan for quite a few years now without ever seeing him live. So I'll tolerate a couple of hours of light classical tunes to hopefully make her Christmas. I've seen quite a few DVD's where the, mainly elderly, fans start some kind of audience participation. I've already warned her that I won't be participating under any circumstances, you've got to draw the line somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom