Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Horse Meat found in Tesco Beefburgers

580504_4949479651354_364621602_n.jpg

Indeed, but you miss the point somewhat. I'm not arguing that lovely, big-eyed horses shouldn't be food.

I think we should keep the lovely big-eyed ones for little girls called Portia to ride round on and eat the nasty buggers ridden by the filth.

Seriously, who gives a fuck? What a stupid non story this is. If you're happy to eat a cow you should be happy to eat a fucking horse.
Horse meat intended for human consumption is a lot more expensive than beef. You can virtually guarantee that this stuff is not legal for human consumption in this country or most of elsewhere. Working horses get pumped full of all sorts of cheap food, antibiotics, painkillers and other drugs that we do not allow in the food chain for very good reasons.

Eating horse is not a problem. Food that is not certified fit for human consumption being found in some cheap burgers is.

Working horses get pumped full of all sorts of cheap food, antibiotics, painkillers and other drugs that we do not allow in the food chain for very good reasons.

Does that mean 'meat horses' live a life of contented pamperment, making them possibly the most ethical meat?

Does that mean 'meat horses' live a life of contented pamperment, making them possibly the most ethical meat?
They're farmed as a high priced delicacy - so yes, probably. :D

Apart from those Japanese cattle that get massages and beer. :hmm:

Horse meat intended for human consumption is a lot more expensive than beef. You can virtually guarantee that this stuff is not legal for human consumption in this country or most of elsewhere. Working horses get pumped full of all sorts of cheap food, antibiotics, painkillers and other drugs that we do not allow in the food chain for very good reasons.

Eating horse is not a problem. Food that is not certified fit for human consumption being found in some cheap burgers is.

Free antibiotics, drugs and painkillers!

Where do I get some of this wonder meat?!

Free antibiotics, drugs and painkillers!

Where do I get some of this wonder meat?!
Plenty of old nags going cheap, if that's what you fancy, but when it comes to large-scale food production keeping antibiotics, in particular, out of the human food chain is something of a public health priority and what the animals have been fed on is also of some concern, particularly since BSE.

In countries where horse meat is common, old working nags are often eaten by their owners and at an individual level, the risks are small. But small risks applied to a large population often equals public health disaster, hence regulations to prevent this kind of thing happening.

I can't believe people are so fucking naive in this country; there are far, far worse things than horse in your mass produced factory meat... in fact, horse is the least of your problems, in fact, if you get some horse in yer mince you should consider yourself lucky...

Talking of Wurst, when I was little my grandad told me that Bratwusts were made of very naughty children.

I was always scared I'g get made into a sausage. :(

Back
Top Bottom