Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Horse Meat found in Tesco Beefburgers

I know. That's the sort of thing I mean. The way things is done is wrong. Forget horse versus cow. The food production system is so bad that Food can be 30% Not Food. That's evidence of fundamental flaws. This isn't something that should be shrugged off.
It is food though, it's horse.

For the same reason it's variously ok or not to eat robins and dogs and cucumbers and elephants and apples and humans.
Apples and cucumbers are food. As are (if you eat meat) horses.

Cats, turtles and whales are food.
Cats are meat eating animals and so not going to be very tasty. I understand that if you can get over the moral and ecological arguments against eating whales and turtles that they are quite tasty. Horses are vegetarian grazers and not particularly rare. I wouldn't have anything against eating horse that I don't have against eating cows, pigs etc.

It's also has a daughter getting her dad drunk and shagging him, so I'd not take it to seriously as guidance on how to live your life.

theres also the heartwarming tale of how noah invented wine then passed out with his meat and two on display. Two of his thre sons entered the room backwards to cover him up, sothat they would not witness his shame. The third came in front facing and saw the old boys nakedness. Guess who The Lord cursed for impudence?

So it's okay to eat cow but not horse?

Why?
That's not the issue. There is nothing wrong with eating horse. There is a problem with eating horse or any other meat unintentionally. If a food product is labelled "beef" then consumers should have a reasonable expectation and confidence that they are eating beef and not horse

This is not an issue about horse meat being bad. Its an issue about food security. If an entire species can wrongly find its way into our food then it begs the question what other crap can get in there.

theres also the heartwarming tale of how noah invented wine then passed out with his meat and two on display. Two of his thre sons entered the room backwards to cover him up, sothat they would not witness his shame. The third came in front facing and saw the old boys nakedness. Guess who The Lord cursed for impudence?

"and the lord cursed him and all his descendants for putting the pictures on facebook"

That's not the issue. There is nothing wrong with eating horse. There is a problem with eating horse or any other meat unintentionally. If a food product is labelled "beef" then consumers should have a reasonable expectation and confidence that they are eating beef and not horse

This is not an issue about horse meat being bad. Its an issue about food security. If an entire species can wrongly find its way into our food then it begs the question what other crap can get in there.

It's nothing new. Remember when people realised that pork sausages contained beef and beef sausages contained pork.

Buy a 'value' burger don't be surprised that the beef content is lower that the 100% pure beef burger on the shelf next to it. Why else is that more expensive burger shouting about its 100%ness. The clue is there for all.

A woman?

Steady boy!
Now a health fear...leaves you with a hacking cough....appparently.:eek:

Well, with their track record I'll be steering well clear of the burgers and their thoroughbread rolls.

As for the Frankie Dittori Meat feast pizzas.....I've heard they're hard to beat!

It's nothing new. Remember when people realised that pork sausages contained beef and beef sausages contained pork.

Buy a 'value' burger don't be surprised that the beef content is lower that the 100% pure beef burger on the shelf next to it. Why else is that more expensive burger shouting about its 100%ness. The clue is there for all.
Of course but it should be labelled as such. So I have no problem with Tesco selling horse burgers or combo horse/beef/pork burgers or any other crap as long as the consumer knows about it. Then we can make informed decisions about what we buy. I know for example that mechanically separated meat is rank so I don't buy it and I know not to buy it because it says msm on the label

That's not what has happened here. This product was not meant to contain horse meat. It was a surprise to Tesco. That means it was contaminated and this is what concerns me and what I mean by it being an issue of food security. Because if the product contains an entire species that the suppliers don't know about then what else does it contain

No need for me to guess, I remember this one. It was the son who saw Noah and ran to spread the word about disgraceful behaviour instead of trying to do the right thing with as much empathy and respect as possible. If there was a blanket or robe handy, all the first one needed to do was grab it and rush back in before anyone else had a chance to see.

Back
Top Bottom