Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hebden Bridge - news and chat

Herbert Read said:
so hebden house prices reflect the average wage of a perosn in west yorks area, i think not, plastic wannabe hippy imports from down sarf have driven them up. Hebden is like a heaven for primmo nathan barleys.
House prices in London don't reflect the wages of people living there either. What forced them up, Northerners?

What happened to plans for a Hebden Bridge meet-up?
Me and Wolfie are in residence from this Friday, so lets set a date :D

Shirl said:
What happened to plans for a Hebden Bridge meet-up?
Me and Wolfie are in residence from this Friday, so lets set a date :D

are you? thats fab news :D

Shirl said:
Yup, we're moving in on Friday, at last :D

doughboy-hurrah.jpg

Hurrah!

Dubversion said:
glad it's finally happening, although i believe you're roughing a bit at the weekend

( :( or :D depending how mean i'm feeling )
Nope, plans have changed and our furniture is now moving in on the same day as us :D
You'd better have already bought your train ticket for a visit :mad: :D

Tank Girl said:
HURRAY!!!! glad it's all finally done and dusted.

*opens champagne*
Cheers, I feel a 'moving in party' coming on. ;) I want you southerners to see what you're missing :D You can come on the train with Dub and pie-eye.
You can even bring that milesy bloke if you want too ;)

Congrats that its finally all done i hope that the stress of it all will dissapate (Sp) quickly and you both enjoy your new home.

Shellsx

I have fond memories of Hebden Bridge and the area around it - used to go to Hardcastle Crag a lot when I was a lad - used to love roaming about and clambering all over the rocks. I feel all misty-eyed now - I'm gonna be in Leeds tomorrow - might pop over the Crag on Thursday for a walk

Orang Utan said:
I have fond memories of Hebden Bridge and the area around it - used to go to Hardcastle Crag a lot when I was a lad - used to love roaming about and clambering all over the rocks. I feel all misty-eyed now - I'm gonna be in Leeds tomorrow - might pop over the Crag on Thursday for a walk
Make it Friday and you can come and help us unpack :)

Shirl said:
Cheers, I feel a 'moving in party' coming on. ;) I want you southerners to see what you're missing :D You can come on the train with Dub and pie-eye.
I'd love to :D I know we're always saying we will, but even if he can't make it, just try stopping me this year :D

[Originally Posted by Shirl
Cheers, I feel a 'moving in party' coming on. I want you southerners to see what you're missing.]

What about northerners then?? :(

Good luck with the move. Was going to phone but wasn't sure if you'd want to chat :)

Hebden Bridge, huh only been once and didn't like it.

We went to a small cafe, the only place open in town. Truly bizarre place run by one old woman. Sat in plastic garden chairs for about half an hour, then asked here if we could see the menu. She'd been going back and forth from this one table talking to one trio of customers, fetching individual pieces of cutlery to them on request. She replied to my dad that there were 6 other groups of people in the cafe "it's them first, then them, then them, then them, then you, then them" (the latter had just walked in). We left and Hebden Bridge, despite its probable attractions, will forever be associated with the oddball cafe.

Shirl said:

Excellent! Is the much-vaunted but never happened W Yorks meet-up gonna come about via your moving in party?

i went missing in hebden when i was about 8, turned up a few hours later armed with a bunch of flowers.

its a strange place.

Spion said:
Excellent! Is the much-vaunted but never happened W Yorks meet-up gonna come about via your moving in party?
That's what I was hoping for when I revived this thread :D

Back
Top Bottom