Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hebden Bridge - news and chat

The perfect stoners' mode of transport. I love it how even accidents happen in slow motion. Once you know you're gonna crash you can practically put the kettle on before it happens.

Shirl said:
Same here, suits us. Tell bees work has to come very low on the priorities list :D
I'm glad that you're coming because I know that you will appreciate my 'gin safe' and my modest (but growing) gin collection :D

*packs bags and moves*

:D

right, him indoors says aye to either weekend :)

have you seen the spanish *style* gin? I saw it in selfridges the other week but was too skint to buy, shall be getting some soon :D

I'm out of gin atm :oops: not sure how that happened :D

so - about the date, whats the consensus?

Here's a picture of Hebden Bridge, it's a great place to live :)

Winter-nightfall-Hebden-B-007.jpg

i was in hebden bridge last week. it's lovely, although it was a good bit colder than my end of lancashire.

i plan to visit again one day soon - that trades club you have looks outstanding.

We pop to it a couple of times a year for a rootle around the charity shops and several pints-whens the next meet-up?:cool:

i was in hebden bridge last week. it's lovely, although it was a good bit colder than my end of lancashire.

i plan to visit again one day soon - that trades club you have looks outstanding.

The Trades Club is great. We're going to see John Otway and Willy Barrett there on Thursday :cool:

Here's a picture of Hebden Bridge, it's a great place to live :)

Winter-nightfall-Hebden-B-007.jpg

Had a quick nose at the online estate agents a couple of weeks ago Shirl. There seems to be a lot of people wanting to sell and not much buying. Maybe they need to get real and reduce their prices realistically :)

Had a quick nose at the online estate agents a couple of weeks ago Shirl. There seems to be a lot of people wanting to sell and not much buying. Maybe they need to get real and reduce their prices realistically :)

How can you tell who is buying with online estate agents? :confused:

There are a few too many antique shops and expensive tea rooms in Hebden but the woods are ace. Grew up in todmorden and like there and sowerbybridge more. Tod markets muh better than Hebdens and it's still got good scenery and a park though the pubs aren't as good. Calderdales lush all round though.

There are a few too many antique shops and expensive tea rooms in Hebden but the woods are ace. Grew up in todmorden and like there and sowerbybridge more. Tod markets muh better than Hebdens and it's still got good scenery and a park though the pubs aren't as good. Calderdales lush all round though.

There's only one antique shop in Hebden now and a few cafes but hardly any tea rooms, when did you last visit?

I agree about Tod market though, although that has gone downhill over the last couple of years and there are often a lot of empty stalls on there now.

I spent a dirty romantic weekend there, had to ask the lad behind the bar in the hotel to help me with the johnny machine, I think its that way on purpose cheeky feckers. tis a really beautiful I'd happily live there

Hebden Bridge is a great place, visited over the summer to do some very exciting (and hair raising) mountain biking, a good reason for another visit once my leg's back in business. Wouldn't mind spending more time in the cafes either, bet it's wonderful in October with the leaves changing colour.

Yesterday the town was overrun with PR types as they were filming the Christmas Sainsbury/Jamie Oliver ad.

We had fake snow and everything :eek: ...........including the windows in Bridge Mill being plastered with mock Tesco & Asda signs :D:D

Back
Top Bottom