Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you caught Covid recently - updated poll 2022-23

Have you caught Covid recently

• Total voters
It started with a fairly high false negative rate and it's only got worse over time with all the variants. You have to be pretty comprehensively ill before it triggers a lateral flow test, which kinda defeats the purpose. Most reasonable people will be at a stage of "I should really stay home" before they know it's covid.
My Covid, last week, came on really suddenly. From feeling fine to a sore throat in one evening and tested +ve the next morning.

• Wow
Reactions: Chz
Pretty sure I have Covid but tested negative since symptoms started Monday night/Tuesday.

I went to work Tuesday and now feel very guilty! Today I feel awful and called in sick. Suddenly this afternoon, I can’t smell anything and can barely taste so it’s fairly clear.

Awful timing, I’m on leave next week and have so much work to do. I can WFH tomorrow and Friday and just cancel appointments but I doubt I’ll feel up to it.

I was expecting to get it 2 weeks ago after I went to London so was feeling smug for dodging it. 🙄

Ive tested positive on LFTs past 2 times ive had Covid.. proper red line and all. I also swabbed my throat though because I've heard just nose isn't so fully reliable with early symtoms and lower viral load. Thought I might be coming down with it again after busy airport and planes and no mask a few weeks ago but negative twice..think it was another virus or gastroenteritis that really wiped me out afterwards.

Get well soon and feel better poorly people!

I got Covid at a festival a couple of weeks ago but I’m still not quite right. Went back to work yesterday but had to get a lift there and a cab back. Day off today and I slept til 11.30. Have been sat in my armchair all afternoon, unable to do very much as I keep nodding off :(

I stopped testing daily at some point. Every 2 or 3 days is enough.
Last time i tested positive with thick lines for a couple of weeks.
Get well!
Yeah it doesn't do much for your mood, does it? :D

I didn't bother testing yesterday- I didn't need a covid test to tell me I was rough af.

I've managed to get prescribed some anti-virals this time.

A few unnecessary hoops to be jumped through to get them, sadly, but got there in the end. My point about it being a bit daft being eligible for a Covid booster due to other health conditions but not anti-viral medication when ill was listened to, eventually.

So I'm on Paxlovid, a concoction of nirmatrelvir and ritonavir, none of which I've heard of before but I am assured stops the Covid 19 virus multiplying in cells.

Hopefully it might get this over and done with a bit quicker.

Jaysus this ting is horrible, the coughing is pissing me off cos my diaphragm is killing me.

Still testing positive with a very solid line. Today Mrs Numbers has lost her sense of smell and taste and she’s 24 hours ahead of me.

Thank god for WFH, I’m not doing much at all to be fair but it’s good not having to call a sickie.

I was almost certain I had Covid last week. I had been exposed to several people who had subsequently tested positive, and the symptoms of my cold (brain fog, exhaustion, breathing difficulties, cough, headache) mirrored very closely those of the Covid-positive people, to the extent that I ordered some tests. But no - I'm still Covid-naive.

It's lucky I don't WANT to catch the bloody thing, or I'd be really frustrated!

Appetite is still healthy tho’ :thumbs:

Today I’ve had a grab bag of crisps, 2 small sausage rolls, a jalapeño and cheddar sourdough with hummus and Red Leicester sangwich, a Turkey breast steak, small bowl of rice and peas - I never eat that much so soon into a day. Have a macaroni cheese + another Turkey breast for later.

Tests aren't really an exact science any more are they? Mrs V has had all the stuff you mention existentialist for about 3 days but has only just finally tested positive today.

She had a dreadful night last night. :(
I did an antigen test about a year in, as part of a (Zoe?) study - had to give them about a fingerful of blood :eek:. I know I was exposed at an early stage of the pandemic, and certainly was also around other people who later tested positive, but the test came back negative. I suspect that maybe I'm just one of those people who appear to be naturally immune. I don't plan on relying on that, though...if Covid is worse than the cold I've just got rid of, then no thanks.

Back
Top Bottom