Votes: 71 53.4%
  • No she should not

Votes: 32 24.1%
  • Official warning

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Attention seeking option

Votes: 23 17.3%

• Total voters
l;ove the go away your mental , do paragraphs, mock concern (no doubt sincere) - do you think the police have their own interception methods or do they farm it out to GCHQ? the struggle with having no encrypted way of communication is that people who will tell you quite interesting things in the noise of a rave, clam up when permanent records are likely to be kept. eh, come talk to me, im gonna do the brian haw thing outside mi5 - for kincora, ted heath, etc etc blacklisted people oh do a paragraph blah blah blah-
yes

I was pissed last night but this poster needs banning for their own sanity. Not exactly ethical to let them carry on like this.

Anyhoo. At least the president of Goldsmiths' Islamic Society has resigned.
To be replaced by...

Their recent mealy-mouthed statement on their (men-only) facebook page doesn't fill one with confidence. They use a statement about the resignation of their nasty cunt of a president to attack 'hate speech' from the likes of Maryam Namazie, a 'notorious Islamophobe', according to them.

In light of recent allegations attributed to, Muhammed Patel, a meeting was called to discuss a motion of no confidence. Soon after Muhammad tendered his resignation and it was accepted by the committee.

In the interim, the committee will appoint an acting president to serve for the remainder of the academic year.

The committee would like to extend gratitude to all societies on campus specifically the FemSoc and LGBTQ societies’ for their continued support in the face of inaccurate assertions, threats and Islamophobic messages. Hate speech of any kind has no place in our society.

Goldsmiths Islamic Society

To be replaced by...

Their recent mealy-mouthed statement on their (men-only) facebook page doesn't fill one with confidence. They use a statement about the resignation of their nasty cunt of a president to attack 'hate speech' from the likes of Maryam Namazie, a 'notorious Islamophobe', according to them.

How completely depressing. "allegations,attributed to"? Guy is a complete cunt and a coward to boot (deleting his twitter account because people actually looked at it).

I wasn't even pissed last night! (I had my Mum staying over) .. Sadly it's too late for my sanities. Do plan to taper my use of this website for the good of all though. :)

I was trollied and am rapidly approaching the same state now - it's an official work (M16) day off though so no probs :)

How completely depressing. "allegations,attributed to"? Guy is a complete cunt and a coward to boot (delating his twitter because people actually looked at it).
And no apology. No distancing from his statements. Just using this statement as an opportunity to repeat the lies about Namazie.

And no apology. No distancing from his statements. Just using this statement as an opportunity to repeat the lies about Namazie.
On the plus side, at least a lot of people were (I imagine) able to see some things as a direct result of this particular sideshow - I mean her actual speech in that room was about exactly what happened to her in there. You couldn't make it up etc.
Something I'd really like to know is about the little stream of female muslim students who left the room en masse about 15 minutes into the talk. Did they leave because they objected to the behaviour of the front row ?

On the plus side, at least a lot of people were (I imagine) able to see some things as a direct result of this particular sideshow - I mean her actual speech in that room was about exactly what happened to her in there. You couldn't make it up etc.
Something I'd really like to know is about the little stream of female muslim students who left the room en masse about 15 minutes into the talk. Did they leave because they objected to the behaviour of the front row ?
Who knows? And we won't find out from their public facebook page because only the men post on it. Great stuff, eh, FemSoc. :thumbs:

Apprantly some of the female muslim students wanted to debate her afterwards but decided to get out of dodge because of the "brothers" actions :rolleyes:

Mi5 let James bond blow it up in their films so the real ira thought We will have some of that fired an anti tank weapon at the building didnt in break an upper story window not even an rpg7 a more modern Laws rocket :eek:

Apprantly some of the female muslim students wanted to debate her afterwards but decided to get out of dodge because of the "brothers" actions :rolleyes:

Mi5 let James bond blow it up in their films so the real ira thought We will have some of that fired an anti tank weapon at the building didnt in break an upper story window not even an rpg7 a more modern Laws rocket :eek:
SIS ain't Mi5, other side of the river.

It was being used in Earth First! at least as early as 1994.

Side issue, but are you sure? I was very involved in those circles across the country then and never saw it at all until the PGA gatherings started a few years later. The nearest I saw was a Native American who visited to talk about indigenous resistance to coal mining in North America and use a talking stick that got taken up by some of the more hippie inclined elements. No doubt they'd all be hauled up for cultural appropriation today. :p

Native Americans used the talking stick. Anti-road camps used the talking empty can of strong lager.

EF in the US did at the time at their moots - that, i think is how it came over here.

Hate to be a pedant, but EF! in the US never had Moots, that was a UK EF! invention. The US EF! lot had a Round River Rendezvous in the summer, and then a Winter Organizers conference (that didn't happen every year) which I never saw hand signals at.

I'm pretty sure it came largely via the European green/small NGO scene via the PGA and Zapatista inspired stuff in about 1995/6. It may have been about a little before then, but I don't think it was used in any widespread way until the late '90s.

FFS, my life is over, discussing the origin of those stupid hand signals. :facepalm: Anyway, why are we even discussing this, don't we know they actually come from MI5/6? :D

Hate to be a pedant, but EF! in the US never had Moots, that was a UK EF! invention. The US EF! lot had a Round River Rendezvous in the summer, and then a Winter Organizers conference (that didn't happen every year).

I'm pretty sure it came largely via the European green/small NGO scene via the PGA and Zapatista inspired stuff in about 1995/6. It may have been about a little before then, but I don't think it was used in any widespread way until the late '90s.

FFS, my life is over, discussing the origin of those stupid hand signals. :facepalm:
Gathering/whatever - Pretty sure chilango here went to the infamous NA EF thing stalked by a bear.

Reactions: LDC
Back
Top Bottom