Votes: 71 53.4%
  • No she should not

Votes: 32 24.1%
  • Official warning

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Attention seeking option

Votes: 23 17.3%

• Total voters
The thread surely has done just that and explaineded why posh lgbt reps feel guilt?

An internal anger that rennies just can't deal with.

Fair enough. I probably should have paid more attention to the thread instead of popping in now and again to gawk. Having said that, I can never keep up with these mega-threads. Not sure what a rennie is though.

Anyhoo... bringing the conversation back to something vaguely 'normal' (yeah, right!), can someone explain the logic behind feminists siding with salafists against critics of salafists who decided to intimidate a feminist who had the cheek to not be told what to do and how to live by other salafists? Other than the explanation "huh huh poshoes at uni" (which, to be fair, is almost entirely satisfactory as explanations go), what on earth can explain this bizarre story? What the fuck are people thinking?

I put it down to (in this order) 1) the racism of lower expectations 2) wilful and genuine ignorance of those who they are dealing with 3) political opportunism

Who actually gives a fuck what windbag nobodies at Goldsmiths says?

106 pages is fucking embarrassing.

I'll try to explain this to you simply. :p
The issue isn't the windbag nobodies, it's what the subject(s) they're wind-bagging about represent for us (the common herd) with regard to broader politics.
There were "windbag nobodies" at universities 30-odd years ago blarneying around identity politics, and that led us to a series of fractures that have since ensured a divided, self-interested and self-obsessed broad left. These nobodies have the potential to spread their version of identity politics far enough that those fractures become unrepairable.

From the facebook feed, justification stems from:they are a downtrodden minority, we are a downtrodden minority,..there is strength trough unity. They are undergradutes, was bound to be more poncy than frogs and scorpians working together for a better world!

Thing is some people deserve to be downtrodden those who deny rights to other and want to oppress people need to be stopped.

I'll try to explain this to you simply. :p
The issue isn't the windbag nobodies, it's what the subject(s) they're wind-bagging about represent for us (the common herd) with regard to broader politics.
There were "windbag nobodies" at universities 30-odd years ago blarneying around identity politics, and that led us to a series of fractures that have since ensured a divided, self-interested and self-obsessed broad left. These nobodies have the potential to spread their version of identity politics far enough that those fractures become unrepairable.

Given.

But by highlighting them continuously it increases their relevance.

That's some really low quality juvenile disruption. At one point I thought it might end up with everyone just shouting 'safe space' at each other. :facepalm:

Hahahahahahaha! Is this what uni students get up to these days! not one of em can punch their way out of a paper bag. A room full of windbags who appear to deserve each other.

Yeah I was expecting Maryam to roundhouse kick the front row but she never did, she must be slacking on her MMA skills

Back
Top Bottom