Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2005

shit bollocks wank just found out that credit cards wont be accepted this year.

now i have to beg and plead with people for money. bugger.

dave

Wolfie said:
take 4 or 5 packs of wet wipes instead - you can clean your face and your arse with them. I find a pack of wipes easier to fit in a pocket than a bog roll too.
Ah wet wipes, a godsend to mothers and festigoers alike, definitely part of my essential kit. Though a toilet roll doesn't have to be too space consuming, if you don't take a full roll and squish it up it's not too bad. And there's always the lil' pocket tissues aswell.

Wolfie said:
carry your stuff in a nifty radioflyer trailer

glasto-packing.jpg
Oooh I want one! But I did a quick search for one and they seem to be well over £100 :eek: :(
Kained and Unable said:
cam the best way to pack light is to stop thinking that your likely to shave/brush your teeth or chnage clothes everyday.

its not going to happen we all know its not going to happen so don't bring loads of clothes that your not going to use.
I'll be the first to admit that I usually take way more clothes than I need, but the one factor that needs to be taken into consideration regarding Glasto and clothes is (whisper it) rain. If it shats it down the first day you're there and you have no more clothes.... getting into wet clothes first thing in the morning is not a happy experience. I'm sure there will be some who will say it's just something that should be toughed out but fuck that! I like my clothes dry Goddammit!!
William of Walworth said:
Be like Stig, don't be like me ...
Well piss off and let Stig on then :p ;)

Gerry1time said:
you could always look at the question the other way round, and work out those things you actually need to take. Cash, tent, loo roll and paracetamol to my mind, everything else is to some degree superfluous...

I wouldn't say a tent is a neccesity...

cam how many times did you change your clothes last year then???

also its all about those trouser jobs tat zip off into shorts. genius festival wear.

i swear i booked with a credit card last year either that i i had money so didn't care. this year i care danm it!

dave

Kained and Unable said:
shit bollocks wank just found out that credit cards wont be accepted this year.

now i have to beg and plead with people for money. bugger.

dave

just take the cash out of the credit card ........ and put into an account

Sorry to all thoses of you who will hate me for this but......

We thought we applied for a stall too late, just picked up the mail and we've got our places!!!! :cool:

*ducks*

Let us know where it is scumbalina and we can organise a posse of Urbanites to get really trashed at the Cider Bus (tough persuading job on our hands there, I daresay ;) ) then come round making noisy arses of ourselves and frightening away your customers .... :D :p

:D We're in the Green Futures Field, and you are more than welcome as last year it was so full of refined types that we had to get trollied and put our customers off ourselves!

Oooh and if there's any lovely warm mulled cider, get us a cup would ya?

scumbalina said:
:D We're in the Green Futures Field, and you are more than welcome as last year it was so full of refined types that we had to get trollied and put our customers off ourselves!

Oooh and if there's any lovely warm mulled cider, get us a cup would ya?

May be a bit lukewarm by the time we stumble up the hill!!! :p

Quite a few of us will be camping in the Dragon Field, just uphill from Lost Vagueness, so not far from you at all :)

May be a bit lukewarm by the time we stumble up the hill!!! :p

Quite a few of us will be camping in the Dragon Field, just uphill from Lost Vagueness, so not far from you at all :)

Visit us with warm cider and loveliness!

Had a horrendous dream last night: I turned up at Glasto and had managed to forget my photo ID and my tent :eek: :( :(

Heed the warnings people, be not an eejit!

Had a horrendous thought last night, I'll probably have to spend up to 11 hours trying to get a ticket on the net while a bunch of wanker media hacks get theirs with no trouble from a separate server (which if they do the same this year, is likely to be almost inaccessible to ordinary punter. You fucking cunts, Way Ahead), then spewing up with stress again at the end of it.

mmmSkyscraper said:
9am, I think. 9.30am at the latest.

We'll be up and ready to go at 9 am Dave -- don't leave it any later I'd say ... maybe it'll be a good idea this w/e avoid any all night party shenanigans on Saturday ...

Beginning to get nervous ... :( :(

2 PCs (broadband!) and 2 phones all primed, but it'll all be down to luck in the end :eek:

We'll be up and ready to go at 9 am Dave -- don't leave it any later I'd say ... maybe it'll be a good idea this w/e avoid any all night party shenanigans on Saturday ...

Beginning to get nervous ... :( :(

2 PCs (broadband!) and 2 phones all primed, but it'll all be down to luck in the end :eek:

Will, in theory it shouldn't be a problem as the babdwidth and telephone capacity has been upped. If we get there early enough, we should all be fine.

Maybe.

I saw that article. I reckon it just might be quite a groovy idea ... :) :D
aye, it's not as if people ever try to speak to each other while they're at Glasto or owt! :eek:

And I bet half of them would get the bloody police radio interfering or summat...

I don't trust mobiles. Whenever there's a massive demand for tickets for a Liverpool match, mobiles never even get to the engaged tone whereas landlines get in the system.

belboid said:
aye, it's not as if people ever try to speak to each other while they're at Glasto or owt! :eek:

And I bet half of them would get the bloody police radio interfering or summat...

Tell yer what you could do...

You could have several different dj's playing different genres so you could tune into your frequency of choice dancing with others dancing to theirs.

Now that would be interesting :)

Back
Top Bottom