Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Germany vs Spain

The Guardian today said:
Not everyone is a fan of Paul, however. After Argentina lost to Germany in the quarter-final, Argentines threatened to kill the octopus and put him in a paella. The newspaper El Dia even gave a recipe for anyone daring to capture Paul: "All you need is four normal potatoes, olive oil for taste and a little pepper."
:D

I can't believe some people on this thread are calling spain boring after Germany parked the bus for 90 minutes last night...

Spain showed them up for the very limited team that they are I thought, and they were lucky to escape with 1-0. Thought 3 or 4 would've better reflected the play.

I though Spain played beautifully. While Germany waited for them to make mistakes.

Spain haven't entertained me much this wc, as i keep saying. Not denying they can do cause obviously they can, but the fact is they haven't. I don't buy this 'parked the bus' excuse either.

Spain haven't entertained me much this wc, as i keep saying. Not denying they can do cause obviously they can, but the fact is they haven't. I don't buy this 'parked the bus' excuse either.

you denying it's happened, or just saying it's not an excuse for Spain not having played entertaining football?

you denying it's happened, or just saying it's not an excuse for Spain not having played entertaining football?

I don't feel it has happened, Spain have just been poor but lucky cause they have alot of talented players. Yesterday was better though, but still bored a few people.

I see it as the more beautiful version of the classic Italian game.

I think some of that has been forced on us by the players now available - Busquets is a fine holding player but he and Alonso together aren't thrilling.

That said Xavi's movement to find space yesterday was a joy. Kids should be made to watch him and where he goes to find the ball and make himself available.

I don't feel it has happened, Spain have just been poor but lucky cause they have alot of talented players. Yesterday was better though, but still bored a few people.

how were Germany not "parking the bus" two nights ago? They barely touched the ball for the entire game. Spain have done almost all the attacking in every game they've played.

That said Xavi's movement to find space yesterday was a joy. Kids should be made to watch him and where he goes to find the ball and make himself available.
That's something I noticed, though not specific to Xavi, that whoever had the ball, there was always someone else available to them to give the ball to and keep possession and keep the move going. Damned impressive stuff.

Back
Top Bottom