Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gaza under attack yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the IDF's facebook page...
10377430_805764976113041_5726549115374849344_n.jpg

two words: 'sabra' and 'shatila'. 1982.

they stopped worrying about world opinion a long, long time ago.

Don't know about that. They put a lot of effort into PR and the Goldstone Report caused them a good deal of anxiety. There's a lot of room for things to get worse, just watch.

Al Qassam Brigades tweeting that they're to hit Tel Aviv at 9pm (7pm GMT)

Hit it with what, exactly? I bet the country with one of the world's most developed military industries is quaking in its boots at the prospect of the Al Qassam brigades. . .

yeh. but their pr effort's fucking awful, as can be seen in 'beyond chutzpah' by finkelstein http://vho.org/aaargh/fran/livres11/NFchutzpah.pdf

e2a: the NF here is norman finkelstein, not national front.

Yeah I've read it (actually it's more about Alan Dershowitz who's a complete nutcase). The PR effort is effective for those who want to be convinced (that's the thesis of NF's book - Dershowitz's stupid book getting lauded by the mainstream media in America). But I think we're into a new phase, liberal Zionists are in a state of confusion if not abject despair.

Sabra and Shatila massacres were not committed directly by Israel and were met with large protests inside Israel. Some people satisfy themselves with that. All the various wars, massacres (there were plenty before Sabra and Shatila by the way, see Qibya for example) can be explained, minimised or put down to bad elements in the political elite or military etc. for those who want to believe it. The Arabs want to kill us and so Israel has to be tough and sometimes it goes too far but... and all that. But now the racism and genocidal impulses have bubbled to the fore. All these far right voices are now mainstream and Israel is targeting civilians and civilian infrastructure for no apparent military gain and the political situation is only set to deteriorate. You can't spin Naftali Bennett.

Yeah I've read it (actually it's more about Alan Dershowitz who's a complete nutcase). The PR effort is effective for those who want to be convinced (that's the thesis of NF's book - Dershowitz's stupid book getting lauded by the mainstream media in America). But I think we're into a new phase, liberal Zionists are in a state of confusion if not abject despair.

Sabra and Shatila massacres were not committed directly by Israel and were met with large protests inside Israel some people satisfy themselves with that. All the various wars, massacres (there were plenty before Sabra and Shatila by the way, see Qibya for example) can be explained, minimised or put down to bad elements in the political elite or military etc. for those who want to believe it. The Arabs want to kill us and so Israel has to be tough and sometimes it goes too far but... and all that. But now the racism and genocidal impulses have bubbled to the fore. All these far right voices are now mainstream and Israel is targeting civilians and civilian infrastructure for no apparent military gain and the political situation is only set to deteriorate. You can't spin Naftali Bennett.
i know what it's about. as dershowitz is, or was, a harvard professor frequently wheeled out to defend israel he's an important part of their pr machine.

video on facebook, not gratuitous, but seriously emotional

not sure if this is from Gaza or not, but the principle is the same, certainly might as well be

I think that is from Syria - don't really want to stream it atm as on mobile but do they dig a small kid out of the rubble? If so I posted that vid on the Syria thread.

i know what it's about. as dershowitz is, or was, a harvard professor frequently wheeled out to defend israel he's an important part of their pr machine.

Yes he's one of the more idiotic components of the PR machine and he still got lauded. If you're ignorant, but want to stand by America's ally ie. you're "pro-Israel" and all you have read is Dershowitz and Goldberg (which is a the basic profile of your average media bod in the US) then it's all pretty convincing. That's the point.

And we still get idiots like this:
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/war-is-war-why-i-stand-with-israel-9601001.html

But this sounds more hollow than ever to my ears given the openly violent language we are hearing in the Knesset. Remember idiot liberals are more concerned about words than actions.

What a fucking twat.

Indeed. This is the language of religious fanaticism, some babies are born as liberal democratic babies and others are nasty non-democratic babies - killing the former is much worse than the latter.

Horrible.

i saw a news story saying the zionist entity has attacked more than 1000 targets in gaza.

presumably they're working their way through the phone book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom