Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gaza under attack yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
An Israeli government spokesman has declined to confirm plans to launch a ground operation in the embattled Gaza Strip, saying merely that Israel's cabinet would decide the issue.

"I can't say anything about whether there will be a ground operation in Gaza. The Israeli cabinet will decide on that," Israeli Foreign Ministry spokesman Yigar Palmor told Anadolu Agency on Thursday.

http://www.aa.com.tr/en/u/357050--israeli-cabinet-to-decide-on-gaza-ground-offensive

Benny is coming under increasing pressure from his cabinet to carry this out.

Why did Egypt open the Rafah crossing (yesterday iirc) if that were the case?

http://gulfnews.com/news/region/egypt/egypt-destroys-1-370-gaza-smuggling-tunnels-army-1.1303349

Cairo: Egypt’s military said Wednesday it has destroyed 1,370 smuggling tunnels under its border with the Gaza Strip, as Cairo’s ties remain sour with the Hamas movement that rules the Palestinian enclave.
Ties took a turn for the worse after the military’s July ouster of Islamist president Mohammad Mursi, who belongs to the Muslim Brotherhood, with which Hamas is affiliated.
The statement did not say when the tunnels were destroyed, but the military has poured troops into the adjacent Sinai Peninsula to counter militancy that has grown since July.
The tunnels, under the town of Rafah, are used to transfer food, fuel and consumer products into the densely populated Palestinian enclave.

Jobs already done. Opening the crossing is face saving for the Muslim population.

Why did Egypt open the Rafah crossing (yesterday iirc) if that were the case?

They only opened it for a few wounded Palestinians. As to why, most probably window dressing to appease some of the Egyptians who still see the Palestinians as their oppressed brothers and sisters living right next door.

In reality, they did the zionist entity's dirty work, policing the crossing, flooding tunnels with saline and sending electrical currents through it.

Fuck them all.

BsNPrkACIAEzhAD.jpg

Israel's Netanyahu Says No Cease-Fire In Gaza
Meanwhile, U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon is calling the burst of deadly attacks between Israel and militants "one of the most critical tests the region has faced in recent years."

A test of convention of held wisdom, doubtless. Something tells me the Israelis have not offered enough to their idols in the groves and high places to get their desired outcome. Not that we should be slaves to popularity polls, but this day to day situation is one of the biggest examples of bursting boundaries.

Netanyahu said Thursday that he isn't planning to ease Israeli strikes, telling members of his country's parliament that "I am not talking to anybody about a cease-fire right now," according to Israeli newspaper .
There's an instance in the old testament when a greater opposing army offered to Israel horses and battlements if by any means Israel could provide enough soldiers to use them: but then the invading army had to turn back to its homeland because the were being attacked from the other side.

Of course, I would not want to go down as one beating the air, either, which is what all violence equates.

just checked the BBC website, the news doesnt even make its front page...not that anyone should have to suffer hearing/reading the BBCs version of it

US public broadcasting reporter in Israel said Israel is unlikely to launch a ground invasion any time soon since the IDF is "very happy" with the air campaign & no Israelis have been killed by Hamas rockets. He said if Israelis start to die, then an invasion is likely.

:mad:
The daily mail was claiming israelis are LIVING in daily terror.:facepalm:
Key point they are ALIVE.
Hamas may be cunts and would be happy to kill thousands of israelis but they cant while there biggest rocket might be able to reach israelis nuclear reactor.
a its unguided and launched from a makeshift launcher so best will in the world its landing within a 1000 metres of whatever its launched at, so thats only really useful if you have a nuclear warhead high explosive its just a terrorist weapon and a crude one at that.
B isreal has anti missile defences that work and you life expectancy launching rockets is minimal with drones artillery helicopter gunships figter jets etc etc chances are your only launching another rocket if the idf want you to launch.

This is just an idf live fire exercise targets will bleed when hit :(

The BBC reporting on Netamyahu's words about 'resisting international pressure' leads to an article that is almost, in some places, a slight move away from the way Israel has been treated in their reports of recent years. Or maybe not, I may be seeing something that isn't there, but I thought I'd mention it just in case the actions that Israel is taking at the moment actually stand a chance of being treated slightly more harshly by the 'internation community' and establishment media than as been the norm for quite some time now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-28271546

As for talk of Israel sending in troops, I can never pay much attention to that sort of talk unless there are much clearer signs of it happening, since its a possibility raised every time by multiple sources and sides for multiple reasons, many of which are not connected to what will actually happen.

They only opened it for a few wounded Palestinians. As to why, most probably window dressing to appease some of the Egyptians who still see the Palestinians as their oppressed brothers and sisters living right next door.

Egyptian authorities closed the Rafah crossing with the Gaza Strip on Friday, the Gaza Interior Ministry said.

"Egyptian authorities told us that the terminal had been closed," the ministry said in a statement.

Egyptian authorities on Thursday opened the Rafah border crossing with the Gaza Strip to allow the entry of Palestinians injured in three days of fierce aerial bombardments by Israel, allowing only 11 injured Gazans to cross.

http://www.dailysabah.com/mideast/2014/07/11/egypt-closes-rafah-crossing-gazas-only-window

I take your point now. ffs.

The BBC reporting on Netamyahu's words about 'resisting international pressure' leads to an article that is almost, in some places, a slight move away from the way Israel has been treated in their reports of recent years. Or maybe not, I may be seeing something that isn't there, but I thought I'd mention it just in case the actions that Israel is taking at the moment actually stand a chance of being treated slightly more harshly by the 'internation community' and establishment media than as been the norm for quite some time now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-28271546

As for talk of Israel sending in troops, I can never pay much attention to that sort of talk unless there are much clearer signs of it happening, since its a possibility raised every time by multiple sources and sides for multiple reasons, many of which are not connected to what will actually happen.

Just been reported on BBC 6 O'clock news. Benny doesn't give a flying fuck what the International Community think. Fuck me, Israel have continued to break International law for years, whilst supported by the US :(

Just been reported on BBC 6 O'clock news. Benny doesn't give a flying fuck what the International Community think. Fuck me, Israel have continued to break International law for years, whilst supported by the US :(

Indeed, at least to the extents they actually feel the need to go to these days. There are things Israel could do which would isolate them internationally, but they have so much wiggle room to operate and kill with that they have seldom needed to really push their luck when it comes to, for example, relationship with the US.

I suppose I'm looking for subtler shifts, which can after all still add up over time and change the equation from the one we've seen in effect for a good many years now.

just on the radio 'we are using missiles to protect our people. They are using people to protect thier missiles'

not a sausage of voice from the other side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom