Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gaza under attack yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that's right. No body knows what to about it :rolleyes:

Aye - and thats because there isn't much we can do :( Fucks me off that as a result, we have to endure the BDS types. I'm in Jo'burg at the minute, and the demo here was organised by BDS South Africa. Lots of self-satisfied gibbering about how with the help of the ANC they would free Palestine through BDS.

But it still fucking annoys me when people think protests with no politics are a good thing.

Aye - and thats because there isn't much we can do :( Fucks me off that as a result, we have to endure the BDS types. I'm in Jo'burg at the minute, and the demo here was organised by BDS South Africa. Lots of self-satisfied gibbering about how with the help of the ANC they would free Palestine through BDS.

But it still fucking annoys me when people think protests with no politics are a good thing.

Fair point and yes there's not much we can do about it from here other than counter the lies of Israel's apologists with the facts as they stand. I've managed to shut quite a few of them up in recent days and got them to take a look at the facts, some of which have toned down their rhetoric to the point of changing their minds about it, which can only be a good thing I think.

The BDS thing is meaningless because it needs to reach a wider public and do enough to counter the powerful machine of Israeli propaganda. To do that the BDS needs to recognise Israel too but they won't so I can't get behind it. Plus I don't think not buying biscuits is going to upset the Israeli establishment.

Fair point and yes there's not much we can do about it from here other than counter the lies of Israel's apologists with the facts as they stand. I've managed to shut quite a few of them up in recent days and got them to take a look at the facts, some of which have toned down their rhetoric to the point of changing their minds about it, which can only be a good thing I think.

The BDS thing is meaningless because it needs to reach a wider public and do enough to counter the powerful machine of Israeli propaganda. To do that the BDS needs to recognise Israel too but they won't so I can't get behind it. Plus I don't think not buying biscuits is going to upset the Israeli establishment.

Even if it did reach a wider public I can't see it making a bit of difference. I met a coloured lady last night who was forcibly thrown off her family's farm during Apartheid. Not at the beginning though, but in the late 1970's when international pressure was beginning to be felt by the South African govt, because she was a Grade A/B coloured and they didn't dispossess them of land until they started to get desperate. Their reaction was just to exploit coloureds and blacks even more to cover the economic shortfall. My dad still genuinely believes not buying South African apples helped stop Apartheid - I cringe when I think how I could even explain that to someone here.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/20/israelis-cheer-gaza-bombing

As the sun begins to sink over the Mediterranean, groups of Israelis gather each evening on hilltops close to the Gaza border to cheer, whoop and whistle as bombs rain down on people in a warzone hell a few miles away.

Old sofas, garden chairs, battered car seats and upturned crates provide seating for the spectators. On one hilltop, a swing has been attached to the branches of a pine tree, allowing its occupant to sway gently in the breeze. Some bring bottles of beer or soft drinks and snacks.

On Saturday, a group of men huddle around a shisha pipe. Nearly all hold up smartphones to record the explosions or to pose grinning, perhaps with thumbs up, for selfies against a backdrop of black smoke.

Obviously I heard of Palestine over the years and I always knew it was a great injustice but now I have the internet, social media, I'm really seeing it for the first time. I have seen enough pictures that I can't look anymore, I was watching a live feed by some kids in Gaza and listening to them talk i just wanted to bring them here to be safe. The Israeli lies and the total ignorance of the leaders of the world is aastonishing. The BBC and their biased reporting has genuinely shocked me. The whole thing is really having a huge effect on me. I thought I was happy being a jaded cynic but fuck me this can't go on. What the fuck can I do though? Any ideas cos I can't just do nowt.

Tempting enough to say that as it means Israel are paying some of the price that Gazans are paying but given that Israel soldiers are conscripts these 13 were probably also just innocent young people caught up in the struggle between the two players. So no, not yay!

innocent conscripts? u 'aving a laugh? is he 'aving a laugh?

the IDF, conscript or not is the biggest supporter of the occupation. the real innocents are the idf refusniks.

This fella is broadcasting live from East Gaza city at the moment. The Israeli army aren't that far from him by the sounds of it as you can hear the thud of explosions and drones over head. I sent him a message of solidarity it seems to help him as he's giving brief commentary and saying the world needs to know what's happening.

This fella is broadcasting live from East Gaza at the moment. The Israeli army aren't that far from him by the sounds of it as you can hear the thud of explosions and drones over head. I sent him a message of solidarity it seems to help him as he's giving brief commentary and saying the world needs to know what's happening.

:(

Besides the explosions and killing, that constant sound of the drones must be just terrifying :(

That stream :(

You see flares, then you hear thuds of explosions and then a minute or so later sirens. The people broadcasting the stream have just had people turn up at their place as they have evacuated.

Bs8EYPpCcAIiWyf.jpg

Quite striking when you see a map of it like this. Israel wanna expand their operations too!

Some pictures from the demo in Glasgow yesterday for those of you on facebook (not mine)
There was about 4000 there I think, as you can see it was pouring rain so not a bad turnout. The BBC reported it as 'hundreds' :rolleyes:

1919623_10203533489230542_9109413140189731670_n.jpg
The BBC seems to have an ongoing order-of-magnitude issue. They said "thousands" about the London one when it was clearly several tens of thousands. At least when the police estimate numbers they usually just halve them.

Haaretz says Al Qassam have killed thirteen Israeli soldiers today, bringing the total to eighteen, including a major, a captain and three sergeants.

the total area of Gaza is about the size of inner London or half the size of Singapore, but some that consists of farms etc, so places like Gaza City have the density of the old Kowloon Walled city.
Into this tiny area the IDF is poring thousands of shells, coupled with the terror techniques of phones calls
There can be no excuse for this kind of behaviour
Meantime their paymasters the US are involved in threatening Russia with dire consequences while turning its back of what its racist little colony is doing
Very, very by way of complaint by the global Jewish communty
Personally I should not be overly bothered if both Israel and the States got few more 9/11 events
Fuck em, fuck em to hell
Individual boycotts dont mean much but an avoidance of things Yank or Israeli will make me feel marginally better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom