Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gaza under attack yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
#London #Gaza demonstration certainly the largest I've seen here — many thousands, with more arriving. #Palestine pic.twitter.com/8sTVnSAivz

Bs51C_pIYAAaVim.jpg

Another low by the zionist state: http://www.maannews.net/eng/ViewDetails.aspx?ID=714385

After midnight, Israeli forces brought in trucks that sprayed the sides of buildings along Manger Street with a putrid-smelling chemical known as "Skunk."

The chemical was sprayed along Bethlehem's main street primarily in the areas in front of the Paradise Hotel and Azza refugee camp, and as of morning the area continued to smell of sewage.

The chemical has been used frequently against residential areas in Bethlehem in recent weeks, in what many suspect is a form of punishment toward local residents for nightly protests by local youths against Israeli offensives in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank.

But religion is relevant to this because of the actual land involved. They chose the land of their mythological forebears because of the covenant with god.

You obviously know very little about the subject. Modern Zionism is secular. Most religious Jews are either opposed to, or on the fence about the state of Israel, because they don't believe that Jews are allowed to return to that territory until they are led there spiritually - i.e. not by Zionist fuckwits.
It's nothing to do with the promised land of the chosen people. it never has been. That religious Jews settle in the state of Israel has nothing to do with the foundation of the state, and everything to do with Zionism fused into an Israeli nationalism.

You obviously know very little about the subject. Modern Zionism is secular. Most religious Jews are either opposed to, or on the fence about the state of Israel, because they don't believe that Jews are allowed to return to that territory until they are led there spiritually - i.e. not by Zionist fuckwits.
It's nothing to do with the promised land of the chosen people. it never has been. That religious Jews settle in the state of Israel has nothing to do with the foundation of the state, and everything to do with Zionism fused into an Israeli nationalism.
Yep, should we confuse AW by telling him/her about Revisionist Zionism and the role that it's played in Israeli politics since the 70s?

Quite a lot of Russian Jews have moved there to take Palestinian land though. Most of them very rich, with links to the Russian elite, to push the US out.

You're thinking of the post-Communist waves of emigration from Russia, starting around '93, where a significant minority of emigrants were middle-wealth Russians who'd made their money via robber-barony in the immediate post-Soviet phase. The first wave of Russian emigration, in the '70s and '80s contained fuck-all money, just a lot of dissidents.

The timing of Putin saying "I support the struggle of Israel as it attempts to protect its citizens." was a bit poor. That said he is probably more 'neutral' than his western counterparts.

He has little geo-strategic interest in the area, and no leverage to gain any. Why wouldn't he appear more "neutral"?

Apparently tear gas being used in Paris - the French govt banned all Israel protests, which strangely enough doesn't seem to have made everyone say "oh well let's not do anything illegal then".

Apparently tear gas being used in Paris - the French govt banned all Israel protests, which strangely enough doesn't seem to have made everyone say "oh well let's not do anything illegal then".

Worth pointing out that they banned anti-Israel protests because some previous protests ended up with attacks on synagogues, not that I agree with or sympathise with the ban in any way but it isn't as if the French government has suddenly decided to ban anti-Israel sentiment.

This.

Sums up the entire reason why in some ten or more years of belonging to these boards I barely ever post in any of the Politics threads. Virtually never learn anything new, virtually never witness someone change their opinion, always see the same personal shit and arguing back to no purpose, just fucking keyboard jockeys fuming at each other. Pointless bollocks. Off back to Suburban and General for me. Again.

You make some reasonable point but I don't think you're entirely fair. People rarely change their political opinion in real life, not fundamentally anyway. As for not learning anything new, personally I learnt a lot about Ukraine and got a lot more from the thread on here than I did from mainstream media sources. As with the topic of this thread, Bishie's kept it going well and it's inspired me to go off and read other things but I do agree, threads do often have personal shit get chucked around on them but that's how urban's always been isn't? Since, like forever!

Worth pointing out that they banned anti-Israel protests because some previous protests ended up with attacks on synagogues, not that I agree with or sympathise with the ban in any way but it isn't as if the French government has suddenly decided to ban anti-Israel sentiment.

This is a bit weird. A few days ago it was pro-Palestine protesters clashing with anti-Palestine/anti-Muslim/Zionist (not entirely sure tbh) in the streets, riot police getting involved, lots of damage and things being thrown around, tear gas etc. That's generally what the videos show too. Over the last few days this has morphed into attacks on synagogues, but all the videos that 'back this up' don't look like an attack on a building but like clashes in the street. The only places I can see reporting attacks on synagogues are Zionist or anti-Islam channels. The Independent has an article on it but when you go to the source, a Paris newspaper, there are lots of people in the comments saying how biased it is, that they were there and heard no anti-Semitism, that it was a protest that got violent near a synagogue which "Jewish extremists" have turned into 'attacks on synagogues'. Also people saying on twitter that it's false, that even the Rabbi says there were no attacks/barricades etc.

I dunno, I'm not saying it didn't happen but collectively the evidence makes me dubious at least. Do you have link/source?

Very different atmosphere in London today to the previous large Gaza demo in 2008, probably due to it being sweltering and the amount of people observing Ramadan. But to reiterate it was huge and non factional.

So why don't STW give a shit about how many people Assad kills? Perhaps they should rebrand themselves Stop One War In Particular.

Ah be fair they were against Iraq and Afghanistan and still are. So maybe 'Stop The Odd War Here And There But Only If It's A War Carried Out By The West Or Western Backed States'....hmmm not very snappy though is it?

Collective punishment? In fact why is Israel allowed to imprison Gaza much less attack them without censure.

As for STW. Merseyside branch was full of whoppers so I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom