Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gaza under attack yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, ignoring all the usual Urban point-scoring for cunts, is there any actual activism going on around this*? Given, as the guy from Medicin Sans Frontiers put it, that the inmates of an open-air prison are being attacked by their guards whilst the world stands by.

*E2A: as in, planned by you point-scoring chumps. I'm well aware of that planned by others.

Last edited:
As always. :mad:

This.

Sums up the entire reason why in some ten or more years of belonging to these boards I barely ever post in any of the Politics threads. Virtually never learn anything new, virtually never witness someone change their opinion, always see the same personal shit and arguing back to no purpose, just fucking keyboard jockeys fuming at each other. Pointless bollocks. Off back to Suburban and General for me. Again.

Depressing, given the fact children are being fucking slaughtered :(
Is a child's life worth more than an adult's? I know they are innocent but it always pisses me off when it seems worse that women and children are killed than just men. You can't pick what you are and surely every life has equal worth,

Last edited:
Post by Tariq Ali on Lrb blog

On Wednesday I received four calls from the BBC’s Good Morning Wales.
First morning call: was I available to be interviewed about Gaza tomorrow morning? I said yes.
First afternoon call: could I tell them what I would say? I said (a) Israel was a rogue state, pampered and cosseted by the US and its vassals. (b) Targeting and killing Palestinian children (especially boys) and blaming the victims was an old Israeli custom. (c) The BBC coverage of Palestine was appalling and if they didn’t cut me off I would explain how and why.
Second afternoon call: was I prepared to debate a pro-Israeli? I said yes.
Afternoon message left on my phone: terribly sorry. There’s been a motorway crash in Wales, so we’ve decided to drop your item.

http://www.lrb.co.uk/blog/2014/07/18/tariq-ali/motorway-accident-in-wales/

Well seeing as he did the same thing to Grozny....

No much as the idf are being cunts the russians approach to smart boming was it hit grozny didnt it:(
Then there was their imagantive way of dealing with prisoners:eek:
Sort of behaviour that would make the shankhill butchers or those issis nutters go " your sick mate you need help:mad:"

This.

Sums up the entire reason why in some ten or more years of belonging to these boards I barely ever post in any of the Politics threads. Virtually never learn anything new, virtually never witness someone change their opinion, always see the same personal shit and arguing back to no purpose, just fucking keyboard jockeys fuming at each other. Pointless bollocks. Off back to Suburban and General for me. Again.

I totally agree, the moment you deviate from the 'party line' of the dozen or so posters who dominate the politics threads, you get called a cunt and are told to fuck off.

Although in fairness, Mr. Bishie has done a grand job keeping this thread going and it's become useful to dip into now and then to contrast what's being said on the mainstraem media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom