Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gaza under attack yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
phpBHl2HEAM.jpg
herod was killing children looking for jesus less than 3,500 years ago and of course the zionists have been very keen to kill children from at least 1948 on.

Not that hard to understand. Plenty of charities now looking for money to help Palestinian casualties. I want to give, but would feel a bit of a tool while companies here are still making money out of selling arms to Israel just to create more casualties.

Actually, just fired off a quick e-mail to my MP. Why not?

Hi Sandra

I want to donate money to a charity helping Palestinian casualties of the current conflict in Gaza. However, I don't see the point - and, frankly, would feel a bit of a fool - while UK companies are still making money out of arming Israel, creating the potential for more civilian casualties and destruction of homes. What are you doing to campaign against the flow of weaponry into this current conflict?

Hi Sandra

I want to donate money to a charity helping Palestinian casualties of the current conflict in Gaza. However, I don't see the point - and, frankly, would feel a bit of a fool - while UK companies are still making money out of arming Israel, creating the potential for more civilian casualties and destruction of homes. What are you doing to campaign against the flow of weaponry into this current conflict?

How Sandra Osborne voted on Foreign Policy and Defence #
  • Voted moderately for use of UK military forces in combat operations overseas
  • Voted moderately for the Iraq war
  • Voted very strongly against an investigation into the Iraq war
  • Voted very strongly against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system

How Sandra Osborne voted on Foreign Policy and Defence #
  • Voted moderately for use of UK military forces in combat operations overseas
  • Voted moderately for the Iraq war
  • Voted very strongly against an investigation into the Iraq war
  • Voted very strongly against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system

If I could have been arsed, I could have researched that myself. But thanks anyway. :)

Even more interested to read her response now, if she can be arsed.

Not that hard to understand. Plenty of charities now looking for money to help Palestinian casualties. I want to give, but would feel a bit of a tool while companies here are still making money out of selling arms to Israel just to create more casualties.

I don't get it. :confused:

Hi Sandra

I've given money to a charity helping Palestinian casualties. Am I "missing the point" too? Or are you just a self-satisfied fuckwit?

Re Joan Rivers, there is a Facebook campaign against her appearing in Newcastle in October. I don't know how to link to it on this phone, sorry. The things she said were just pure heartless. Sickening.

I've given money to a charity helping Palestinian casualties. Am I "missing the point" too? Or are you just a self-satisfied fuckwit?

Wtf? The question isn't really about me, although I've framed it that way for the benefit of my MP. What's the point of citizens of the UK giving money to charities helping Palestinians while arms companies in the UK are allowed to sell weapons that will inevitably cause more death and destruction there? The point isn't really that hard to understand. Basically, what I'm wanting is for the UK to stop arming Israel - at least for a couple of years.

Wtf? The question isn't really about me, although I've framed it that way for the benefit of my MP. What's the point of citizens of the UK giving money to charities helping Palestinians while arms companies in the UK are allowed to sell weapons that will inevitably cause more death and destruction there? The point isn't really that hard to understand. Basically, what I'm wanting is for the UK to stop arming Israel - at least for a couple of years.

So your argument is don't give any money because people in positions of power in the country you live are arming Israel? Yeah that makes sense and in no way says to the people of Gaza that everybody in the UK is a warmongering fuckwit who supports Israel's occupation.

The cultural boycott needs to be stepped up. The vile Joan Rivers should never perform again in the UK, and neither should anyone else of her political shade.

UK artists going to play tel Aviv need to feel the pressure, too.

OK. Very good point. I take that on board. So hamas aren't obliterated. They're still here. But my point is are they gaining any real traction? And if they are it's at a huge cost. But I still don't get it. If they are taking a calculated political risk they are doing so on the back of the lives of innocent people. It's that aspect I can't get my head around

Because you're seeing Gaza's population and HAMAS as two separate things, when in fact they're as comingled as any political party is with the electorate of the place in which it stands. Those people, those innocent people, a majority of them of voting age chose HAMAS in full knowledge of the possible costs, and as Butch has said, the state of Israel has probably guaranteed a win for HAMAS at the next general election in Gaza, not least because the people know that HAMAS will continue to resist.
It's part of our social make-up to struggle against oppression, and HAMAS gives Gazans the ability to do so. People feel that if they're going to die anyway (and the one thing that is sure is that the state of Israel will continue to fabricate reasons to oppress and repress Gaza), they might as well die as a wolf rather than a sheep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom