Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Freddie Starr Nicked

hold on he has not been accused of molesting her, the lady who made the accusations said
" also asserts that a third well-known 80s TV entertainer, whose identity was not disclosed, was also present and tried to assault her.
She said: “I rebuffed him and he humiliated me in front of everyone in the dressing room by saying something really unkind about my lack of breasts, which to a 14-year-old girl was just awful."
Does this make the situation any different?

He made Muhammed Ali a bit startled once. That's about it. Morrissey is slowly turning into Freddie Starr.
I went to see bugner (well known pacifist)boxing at the albert hall, ali was due to turn up ,when he was introduced into the ring starr from the ring side seats started his ali impersonation giving it the large ,all staged obviously

He made Muhammed Ali a bit startled once.

As I recall it, Starr did that stupid "AAARGH" anecdote in an attempt to recover, after he'd boasted that he was known as "the white n@gger." Ali was about to tell him off for it, so he started gabbling away... seemed like he was on something tbh...

Freddie Starr did a really good film role in Michael Apted's the Squeeze starring opposite Stacey Keech. Other than that I seemed to recall he was insufferable tosser boozed up and on pills most of the time.
If Starr is guilty of anything, he probably wouldn't remember it anyway.

As I recall it, Starr did that stupid "AAARGH" anecdote in an attempt to recover, after he'd boasted that he was known as "the white n@gger." Ali was about to tell him off for it, so he started gabbling away... seemed like he was on something tbh...
no he's just genuinely nuts. One time my dad flew him into Paris in the 70's he did a double somersault and a headspring through immigration, don't think lads of people pointing guns at him was the reaction he expected

I rated starr as much as i do jim davidson not a lot not a lot indeed

Jim Davidson is a nasty cunt, but technically gifted when on form as a comedian - not when doing stupid racist drunken rants but he did have a peak in the late eighties (iirc)

Freddie Starr has always been a talentless cunt, I don't care if the allegations are true or not I hope he tops himself

Jim Davidson is a nasty cunt, but technically gifted when on form as a comedian - not when doing stupid racist drunken rants but he did have a peak in the late eighties (iirc)
No. He was shite, talentless awful, unfunny and crap in every way without a single redeeming feature whatsoever.

Freddie Starr has always been a talentless cunt, I don't care if the allegations are true or not I hope he tops himself
I tell you a story about jim davidson ,the brother in law bought some tickets for chas and dave at the boreham wood venue .Guess who turned on stage with them jim davidson on stage through the whole gig signing along with them

Surely Starr's worse crime - worse than alleged paedophelia - is that, in a weird "kingdom of the blind" (quite logical) notion that Davidson isn't the worst comedian on the planet (and indeed, relatively, quite presentable and...engaging)

When I was working in a restaurant in the middle of Leeds - Jim Davidson turned up for lunch and parked his roller outside the front door - blocking the service entrance in the process. I helpfully pointed this out to a traffic warden who promptly ticketed him. (He was an unpleasant bugger to everyone in the restaurant - probably because he'd just stopped drinking - but fuck him anyway..)

When I was working in a restaurant in the middle of Leeds - Jim Davidson turned up for lunch and parked his roller outside the front door - blocking the service entrance in the process. I helpfully pointed this out to a traffic warden who promptly ticketed him. (He was an unpleasant bugger to everyone in the restaurant - probably because he'd just stopped drinking - but fuck him anyway..)
I used to work with a woman who'd often namedrop Jim Davidson*, wrt his (alleged?) attendance at her husband's masonic lodge :D

*tbf, she'd often namedrop 'Jim Davidson's Rolls Royce' too, which is what triggered that particular memory.

no he's just genuinely nuts. One time my dad flew him into Paris in the 70's he did a double somersault and a headspring through immigration, don't think lads of people pointing guns at him was the reaction he expected

My Dad is a musician and he played for him a few times. Once, during rehearsals he picked up my Dad's soprano sax, pretended to play it and then threw it over his shoulder, off the stage and on to the dancefloor below. Did a good deal of damage. His excuse was "Oh it was so small i thought it was a children's toy".

Edit: in fact i have lots of 'Dad stories' about showbiz types from the 70's, 80's and 90's - some hilarious, some not so.

I also have another about Starr, but it might land me in bother so ill keep my mouth shut! (nothing to do with the ongoing police questioning i might add)

While on Jim Davidson anecdotes a friend of mine worked backstage at a provincial theatre and the whole team was happy to work with whoever was on tour. Except for Jim Davidson, when they would draw straws to decide who was working that night.

I remember a telly programme in which Starr was all moody in quite a Louis meets Jimmy kind of way. Did someone do a documentary on him too a few years back? Less important and less famous than WLMJ but I've got a memory of something.

I remember something, but it was more than "a few years back", late '90s, just after he did a (surprisingly) rather good turn as an underworld boss in "Supply and Demand" (a Lynda LaPlante tv movie), by which time he'd given up the coke. It was one of those docos where they had both friends and enemies chipping in their two penn'orth.

He was. He blew most of the money he made in the '70s and '80s on booze and drugs.

Freddie Starr did a really good film role in Michael Apted's the Squeeze starring opposite Stacey Keech. Other than that I seemed to recall he was insufferable tosser boozed up and on pills most of the time.
If Starr is guilty of anything, he probably wouldn't remember it anyway.

He is, from his small amount of roles in decent dramas, a decent actor.

He was. He blew most of the money he made in the '70s and '80s on booze and drugs.

I thought that racehorse he owned/part owned did a lot to restore his fortune when it won some major race a few years back - IIRC Starr regained his millionaire status from that alone, never mind the substantial long term income from stud fees for as long as the animal could procreate?

Back
Top Bottom