Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Secretary of State for Education, Nicky Morgan, gets DESTROYED on Newsnight

I don't think it is terribly radical to suggest that full time workers should be paid enough to meet their own needs without needing to claim welfare.

*Of course* we should continue to pay benefits to low earners with dependent children, etc.

But the living wage is not a living wage and won't be even when it's fully implemented. So as well as being an economic sleight of hand its also a lie.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

Should the living wage be higher? Of course it should.

But again. Labour promised eight quid and the Tories delivered us nine. That's a fact you can't get around no matter how much you hate the Tories....

You can be a right pedant on occasion Pickman's.

Look Pickman's pedantry aside, the bottom line is Labour promised to raise the minimum wage to eight quid an hour by 2020. The Tories won and they are going to increase it to nine.

That's the inconvient truth, however you slice and dice it.
It's not a truth until it happens, and with this mob there's extra cause for cynicism - they may raise the minimum wage, but I wouldn't put it past them to negate that by some other change, like, ooh, fiddling around with the threshold for tax credits or something :hmm:

No I'm not. Can you not see how awkward it is for someone from a wc background on a low wage when the Tories deliver more than Labour was promising

I don't believe a word you say about who you are or what you believe, it's not just a matter of disagreeing with you. I think that you are just a liar who is here to troll.

It's not a truth until it happens, and with this mob there's extra cause for cynicism -
Oh I wouldn't trust the Tories any further than I could throw them. I was looking for a catch as soon as the announcement was made and I m still looking. So far the only one I can see is that it doesn't apply to under 25s

No I'm not. Can you not see how awkward it is for someone from a wc background on a low wage when the Tories deliver more than Labour was promising

Yet, also fuck over working class and poor people with cuts.

Anyway, how did that voting Labour 5 times (by your own previous admission) work out for you?

Well that and markymark making it very, very obvious.
Yeah, a admitted history of racist trolling doesn't offer much reassurance, does it? Have to say I can't really see why this obvious troll has been given a third chance.:(

You can be a right pedant on occasion Pickman's.

Look Pickman's pedantry aside, the bottom line is Labour promised to raise the minimum wage to eight quid an hour by 2020. The Tories won and they are going to increase it to nine.

That's the inconvient truth, however you slice and dice it.

The numeric amount you get paid is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is what you can buy with it. What will your rent be in 2020?

Back
Top Bottom