Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Filth by name. . .

Serving Metropolitan Police officer, PC Rupert Edwards from Ashtead, Surrey, who is charged with raping two women 11 days apart, has now been granted bail. The first rape is alleged to have happened in Epsom on 26 August 2022. The second is said to have taken place somewhere in Lambeth on 5 September 2022:

Met Police: Officer charged with two rapes granted bail

65430265-11522259-PC_Rupert_Edwards_29_is_alleged_to_have_carried_out_two_rapes_in-m-43_1670616517496.jpg

(Source: as stated in image)

20111224082822!Metropolitan_Police_Logo.png

Serving Metropolitan Police officer, PC Rupert Edwards, must live and sleep at his aunt’s address in Bexhill-on-Sea, East Sussex, with an electronically-monitored curfew between 8pm and 8am.

PC Rupert Edwards cannot go into the M25 area, apart from to attend court or pre-arranged meetings with his lawyers, and must not contact any of the complainants or prosecution witnesses in the case.
Ashtead is about 6 miles from me so seeing this really makes me sick / angry.

Not to say the rest of this thread doesn't make me sick / angry.

Earlier today, the Crown Prosecution Service announced that PC David Carrick of the Metropolitan Police's Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection Command has been charged with 13 more criminal offences against women.

As a result, PC David Carrick is now facing a total of 14 charges, including rape, false imprisonment and controlling behaviour, after three more alleged victims came forward.

PC David Carrick had initially been charged with one count of rape following a complaint by a separate woman last month.

48766119-10056773-image-m-10_1633389754768.jpg

In relation to the first new alleged victim, PC David Carrick (above) is charged with two counts of rape, one count of coercive and controlling behaviour, one count of false imprisonment, one count of sexual assault, one count of assault by penetration and one count of causing a person to engage in sexual activity without consent.

In relation to the second new alleged victim, he is charged with one count of assault by penetration, one count of sexual assault and one count of attempted sexual assault by penetration.

And in relation to the third new alleged victim, he is charged with one count of rape, one count of sexual assault and one count of coercive and controlling behaviour.

The Crown Prosecution Service reminded anyone speculating on the case on social media that they could be prosecuted for contempt of court.

45453047-9789251-image-m-46_1626294532658.jpg

(Source: as stated in image)

“I have 44,000 people working in the Met. Sadly, some of them are abused at home, for example, and sadly, on occasion, I have a bad ’un”

- Metropolitan Police Commissioner, Dame Cressida Dick CBE QPM, speaking at the Women’s Institute, Tuesday 8 July 2021

48766119-10056773-image-m-10_1633389754768.jpg

PC David Carrick, an armed police officer with the Metropolitan Police's Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection Command, has now admitted multiple rapes and sexual assaults against 12 women, having pleaded guilty to 49 offences, including 24 counts of rape. The scale of offending by PC David Carrick, spanning 17 years, makes him one of the worst sexual offenders in modern criminal history.

Fucking hell.

Not just the one bad apple then..

Barbara Gray, the assistant commissioner at the Met, said the force was reviewing every past claim of domestic abuse or sexual offence against about 1,000 of the Met’s 45,000 officers and staff.

Fucking hell.

I don't want to go down the route of saying one rapist is worse than another, because there's no 'less bad' rapist. However that's pretty much a life based on rape and coercive control. Unspeakable. Almost certain that the pattern will go back to his twenties of even earlier, but it was joining the police that provided the real opportunity for his behaviour.

I don't want to go down the route of saying one rapist is worse than another, because there's no 'less bad' rapist. However that's pretty much a life based on rape and coercive control. Unspeakable. Almost certain that the pattern will go back to his twenties of even earlier, but it was joining the police that provided the real opportunity for his behaviour.
I'm repeating myself here, but: same fucking unit as Couzens. That feels like quite a remarkable "coincidence". Can't help thinking that P&DP must have had some very lively WhatsApp chats going in its day.

No words for this. Including the detail towards the end of that Graun article that the Met will now 'begin the process of formally sacking' him. I know public sector is slow but surely some things merit an instant dismissal.
I think there's a hearing tomorrow (a formality, obviously); it couldn't take place until after the criminal proceedings. He's not on pay, anyway.

I guess it's hard to identify these people sometimes, but this bloke was bought to the police's attention nine times! There's a point at which it begins to look like a deliberate blind eye.
Systematic as well as deliberate. There's got to be an institutional contempt for women who complain, along with a series of procedural moves that allow you to 'go through a process' without ever doing the things that even that process nominally suggests you should do.

I'm repeating myself here, but: same fucking unit as Couzens. That feels like quite a remarkable "coincidence". Can't help thinking that P&DP must have had some very lively WhatsApp chats going in its day.
I'd guess that like couzens, this one was also hiding in plain site. It's very likely that his misogyny would have been on display not just to men in his WhatsApp groups and the like, but to the force more generally. They didn't do anything because in varying degrees they were part of the same culture. In fact, there's more chance this person would have been booted out of the force if he'd been obsessed with equality or rooting out corruption than, as he was, raping women.

I'd guess that like couzens, this one was also hiding in plain site. It's very likely that his misogyny would have been on display not just to men in his WhatsApp groups and the like, but to the force more generally. They didn't do anything because in varying degrees they were part of the same culture. In fact, there's more chance this person would have been booted out of the force if he'd been obsessed with equality or rooting out corruption than, as he was, raping women.
"Bastard Dave". Again, can't help wondering what are the nicknames of all the coppers, especially in that unit, that we've yet to hear about?

I guess it's hard to identify these people sometimes, but this bloke was bought to the police's attention nine times! There's a point at which it begins to look like a deliberate blind eye.

This is the most shocking part of this for me. Even after nine times they continued looking the other way. About a guy called 'Bastard' Dave?

This is next level ineptitude, or more likely, deliberate.

The press release the Met has issued today:
Met condemns officer guilty of most serious sexual offences - Metropolitan Police

"appalling" ✔️
"apologise" ✔️
"commend their outstanding bravery" ✔️
etc. etc

And also from the Met's news page:

January 5th - Serving officer pleads guilty to off-duty offence - Metropolitan Police
PC Sam Grigg, attached to the South West Basic Command Unit, appeared in custody at Kingston Crown Court on Thursday, 5 January were (sic) he pleaded guilty to false imprisonment and assault. (...) The suspect and the victim, a woman aged in her 20s, are known to each other. The woman suffered minor injuries and did not require hospital treatment.

January 12th - Officer convicted of harassing female colleague - Metropolitan Police
PC Harvinder Dulay, who is attached to Central West Command Unit, appeared for trial at City of London Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, 12 January, charged with one count of harassment. He was convicted that same day. (...) The court heard Dulay sent a number of unwanted text messages, emails, and calls in February 2022 to a female colleague.

Caught the attention of the Hertfordshire Police. It was them not the Met who took the decision to investigate him.

So many in authority within the Met must be guilty of knowingly enabling him Couzens and all the others to continue offending. I want to see them prosecuted and failed too.

Back
Top Bottom