Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

F*ck you, butter.

I'm not massive on either to be honest as I don't eat much bread, but I do find evangelical Butter snobs a bit over the top. Probably because I had a friend who had a similar reaction to you when I first met him and as I spent more time with him he came out with even more outlandish claims about food that didn't seem to have much substance in reality.

I went on a nutrition course a while back by the NHS through work. It's been a while since I did it, but I remember they were pretty inconclusive around butter/marge.

If it's on taste alone that's fair enough.

There is another factor, I had margarine throughout my childhood due to not being able to afford butter, except for tea once a week at my granddad's, he had butter.
I grew to hate marg so much, in part at least due to it coming to represent a symbol standing for inequity and things we couldn't have.
I decided at that point that I'd personally give up other things in order to always have butter, and that has been the case in adulthood. When I met OH he was an olivio devotee with forays into flora and it was one thing I absolutely put my foot down about was having butter in at all times.
So yeah I am fully butter, but I don't think someone who habitually buys Morrison's savers butter could be classified a butter snob as such :D

That's not margarine. Spreadable butters vary wildly but I wouldn't have thought they commonly have trans fat.
Fair enough, I didn't know that spreadable butters and margarines were a diffferent thing.

But there are hardly any margarines that still use trans fats inthis country.

The main point of toasting is to make it crispy; toast is almost always cold by the time you eat it as bread is a poor retainer of heat. If cold toast is a no-no, explain the existence of toast racks which are designed to make toast cool (and therefore become edible) more quickly.
weirdos have existed since at least the invention of the toast rack is the only reasonable explanation

weirdos have existed since at least the invention of the toast rack is the only reasonable explanation
I see a lot of toast racks in charity shops. I associate them with bed and breakfasts, also with tv shows showing families having breakfast together. I don’t think my family ever had breakfast together!

We always had a cup of dripping for spreading on bread when we were kids.
One of the first things I was allowed to make myself to eat was frying bacon rinds in butter then mopping it up with bread. I still dip some bread in the pan after frying bacon but it drives Mrs SFM up the wall (“I don’t want you dead of a heart attack at 60…etc.”). All I can say it that a little of what you fancy does you good 😋😋

Back
Top Bottom