Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Euros Final Dinner & Drinking Plans

A glass of water and bed by 10pm, hoping that there’s a decisive result by that time and I’m not woken up by screaming and shouting.

I am considering ordering a curry but I’m worried everyone else will have the same idea.
The other option is a buffet of some sort as mentioned by Sue. I don’t like eggy, porky things but Mr Looby loves quiche and pork pies. I could have some nice bread, cheese etc
I’m working Monday and have visits to minimal or no boozing.

All depends on if I go to my parents to watch it or not.

My mum has been volunteering at Wembley, and like the good-hearted, righteous idiot that she is she's still going to go even though it'll mean she'll miss most of the match :facepalm:

So, she won't get back until late into the second half at least, and my dad thinks football is largely stupid and is not shy about sharing this, especially during matches, so do I want to go home for that or just stay in my own flat... :hmm:

Its a shame its an 8 O'Clock KO. There will be thousands of kids who will want to watch this, and a similar number of parents who will want to watch it in the pub.

So for the final, I will be watching it at home with the boy, and not in the pub with my mates. I think its an important thing that we should be doing together. If it was a 5pm KO then we'd have both gone to the pub to soak up the atmosphere (as we have with every other 5pm KO).

So if we lose, you can blame me for being the only game I'll have watched at home with a 4 pack of Guiness. He'll have a coke and packet of crisps to try and recreate the atmosphere. The missus has been tasked to yell "Its coming home!" loudy and randomly, and to bump into us whenever she can and to throw drinks around the place. Afterwards she and the daughter will go out into the road and jump around and smash up a few things.

I am considering ordering a curry but I’m worried everyone else will have the same idea.
The other option is a buffet of some sort as mentioned by Sue. I don’t like eggy, porky things but Mr Looby loves quiche and pork pies. I could have some nice bread, cheese etc
I’m working Monday and have visits to minimal or no boozing.
I'd go with the curry tbf...

Stocked up on some cooked meats courtesy of Lidl's Eastern European week so I think we'll have those, some cheese and, in honour of Raheem Sterling * who failed to win me one in the last world Cup, a pork pie!!

* one of the butchers in Skipton had a competition on their Facebook page where you had to guess the score of the England game and the first scorer. If you got it right you won a large pork pie. I consistently picked Sterling. I didn't win :D

Though as I am over 200 miles from Skipton I would have had to donate it to my family up there so it's actually them who missed out :D

Its a shame its an 8 O'Clock KO. There will be thousands of kids who will want to watch this, and a similar number of parents who will want to watch it in the pub.
I know what you mean, but as a former kid I think being allowed to stay up late (if your parents do allow you to :hmm: :( ) just helps to make it even that little bit more special. If it's something your parents let you stay up for, it must be important! :eek: :thumbs:

I know what you mean, but as a former kid I think being allowed to stay up late (if your parents do allow you to :hmm: :( ) just helps to make it even that little bit more special. If it's something your parents let you stay up for, it must be important! :eek: :thumbs:
My sister was going to make my football-mad nephew go to bed at half-time in the Scotland-Croatia match until me and my other sister intervened. She was like 'it's a school night' and we were like 'it's two days till the end of term and do you really want to mentally scar him for life...?' and she relented. (He's probably mentally scarred by seeing us get beat mind but...)

I'm not really that into football, so I expect I'll defrost some dhal from the freezer, and drink my customary quantity of gin and/or red wine and/or beer on Sunday evening. I imagine I can have a rough idea of what's going on by listening to the pub outside my flat, but it will be hard to know if they're cheering for English goals or Italian ones...

Back
Top Bottom