Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England local election results thread

Even the BBC news website live text coverage of the election results doesnt start till 7am. Boo.

[T]he Scottish Nats came from virtually nowhere to have a majority in the Scottish Parliament.
From the Guardian live Feed
Keep dreaming mate
The Nats were winning Westminster seats back in the 60s. Even in the mid 70s they were getting near 1/3 of the votes in Scotland.

Not that the kippers are likely to be bothered by little things like reality when drawing analogies.

Oh well, the Guardian it is then.

Meanwhile coverage of Question Time via twitter is slightly more lively than the old election tv specials.

Woodo ‏@woodo79
OOH FUCK RIGHT OFF YOU FUCKING MASSIVE HONKING LEMON COLOURED HYPOCRITE TORY SUPPORTING WASTE OF RED BENCH SPACE. #bbcqt

@OwenJones84
1m
Wow. Shirley Williams claims the NHS has been saved after voting to privatise it. Satire cruelly bludgeoned to death #bbcqt

Might have to mashup our own election coverage mix of nostalgia and current political parping in order to fill the void. Join me.

You'll be lucky. Amazon will have bought up all the library buildings and converted them into fully automated book warehouses.
Foolish optimist, they will be taken over by G4S, their locations are ideal for guard rooms and detention centres, as for reading, we will be allowed carefully selected kindle editions of the thoughts of chairman Ed;)

I don't like the opening hours being so limited. It can make it difficult for those on the night shift to vote, because they're asleep or commuting during the day. Have them open for a full 24 hours say 07:00 Thurs to 07:00 Friday, then the count proceeds on Friday during the day. Actually, I'd like to see polling day and the Friday be public holidays. (Poll workers would obviously be compensated by having Mon & Tues off instead.) Vote on the Thursday, get plastered on Friday celebrating or commiserating, then recover on Sat / Sun.
I'll vote for that

Where does everyone find the results in any election? Is there a central website or do we just have to lurk on about 50 pages and several TV channels at the same time?

UKip get 30% in SS? Interesting to say the least.
Another by-election fuck you all vote. People more than happy to do that in by-elections. Gen elections back to normal. And part of it is to say to the media with their exposes last week, get stuffed, you're part of the same set of thiefs as the MPs. But here, in near ideal conditions for the north, it can't really impact on the labour vote.

Another by-election fuck you all vote. People more than happy to do that in by-elections. Gen elections back to normal. And part of it is to say to the media with their exposes last week, get stuffed, you're part of the same set of thiefs as the MPs. But here, in near ideal conditions for the north, it can't really impact on the labour vote.
Aye, I think I hear what your saying, but UKIP getting 30% of the vote in a trad safe labour seat? and given the outgoing MP was very well liked? Don't know the turnout but I think millipede needs to rethink his strategy, the backlash might not just bite Cameron's lot on the arse, just a thought.

Turnout in the South Shields byelection was 39.3%, South Tyneside council said. A Tory source predicts Labour would secure about 50% of the vote, with Ukip second, the Conservatives third and the Lib Dems set to lose their deposit, PA reports.

Farage claiming they've got 25% or more, 'mostly' ex-labour

Turnout in the South Shields byelection was 39.3%, South Tyneside council said. A Tory source predicts Labour would secure about 50% of the vote, with Ukip second, the Conservatives third and the Lib Dems set to lose their deposit, PA reports.

Farage claiming they've got 25% or more, 'mostly' ex-labour

Clegg,I resign, would make a good start to a bank holiday weekend;)

I think millipede needs to rethink his strategy, the backlash might not just bite Cameron's lot on the arse, just a thought.

I don't have any polls to back me up on this assertion, but I doubt most voters cast their ballots in locals as though taking part in a General Election. For a start, turn-out would be significantly higher if they did.

Back
Top Bottom