Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England local election results thread

no I'm not! Researching policy related issues for trade unions, and helping them influence the policy makers.
see, that wasn't so very difficult, was it? but it's not like trade unions have a very good record in recent years of influencing policy makers is it.

That's another reason spoiling as politics is a terrible idea. It's a built-in split in the working class and involves those "conscious" ballot spoilers feeling superior and more "political" than the poor lumpen apathetic non turning up masses, who's choice is seen as being somehow outside politics.
this is a bit off-topic, having nothing really to do with the op.

see, that wasn't so very difficult, was it? but it's not like trade unions have a very good record in recent years of influencing policy makers is it.

No, but they may have ameliorated policies from being even worse than they otherwise have been.

Now then, any predictions for TUSC?

a) parliament has been prorogued and won't sit again til Her Maj's speech next week so they've all fucked off
b) TUSC isn't making a splash even in the small world of lefty unions.

a) parliament has been prorogued and won't sit again til Her Maj's speech next week so they've all fucked off
b) TUSC isn't making a splash even in the small world of lefty unions.
you're coming across here as a traditional little labourite sneering at a competitor. if the tusc are so utterly insignificant why do you continue mentioning them at every drop of the hat?

while it's true that the tusc is unlikely to make much progress tonight, i thought their policies might be those that you, as a soi-disant member of the labour left, could agree with.

you're coming across here as a traditional little labourite sneering at a competitor. if the tusc are so utterly insignificant why do you continue mentioning them at every drop of the hat? while it's true that the tusc is unlikely to make much progress tonight, i thought their policies might be those that you, as a soi-disant member of the labour left, could agree with.

That's entirely an inference drawn by yourself. Whilst I'm sceptical of its chances of succeeding, I bear no personal anomosity whatsoever towards them, nor would its failure give me any pleasure.

That's entirely an inference drawn by yourself. Whilst I'm sceptical of its chances of succeeding, I bear no personal anomosity whatsoever towards them, nor would its failure give me any pleasure.
what other minor parties do you believe will make few, if any, gains tonight?

what a charming, progressive and enlightened attitude you have towards the essential beacons of education, culture and empowerment that libraries are! :facepalm:
I presume this is the Official Labour-Without-Illusions line...

Carry on down the thread - I've made perfectly clear that I support and value libraries.

I've publicly attacked the council exec member who lead the closure of half the boroughs libraries ("the next exciting phase in the transformation of Brent's library services!)

I've publicly attacked the council exec member who lead the closure of half the boroughs libraries ("the next exciting phase in the transformation of Brent's library services!)

There is something in the term 'transformation' that doesn't quite feel right.

what a charming, progressive and enlightened attitude you have towards the essential beacons of education, culture and empowerment that libraries are! :facepalm:
I presume this is the Official Labour-Without-Illusions line...

You are over stretching the capabilities of most libraries mate. Thats why we are all on t'internet

Good grief.
If local government and voting is tedious, what can it be like for those party helpers who take names outside ?
Since I forgot my card, the old chap asked me to find out what my number was, remember it and let him know when I came out... (at least I think he did, I'd lost the will to live by then)

Did I heck.
He was wearing a Libdem badge anyway.

if you've told them you'll vote for them, and don't want them to come and knock on your door later in the evening to get you to vote, give them your number. otherwise there's nothing they use it for, so don't bother.

if you've told them you'll vote for them, and don't want them to come and knock on your door later in the evening to get you to vote, give them your number. otherwise there's nothing they use it for, so don't bother.
I've no idea. I haven't spoken to any kind of politician in decades.

Back
Top Bottom