Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England local election results thread

Interesting.
Though I'm instinctively in favour of free speech, I can see that the OB may well suspect that Brewer has fallen foul of Sections 4A/5 of the Public Order Act 1986 (POA) that make it an offence for a person to use threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour that causes, or is likely to cause, another person harassment, alarm or distress.

Goodness knows they're more than willing to use that 'catch-all' to close down disent and protest; it would make a refreshing change to see them flexing the law to attempt to close down vile, eugenisist clap-trap from such a right-wing nutjob.

Interesting.
Though I'm instinctively in favour of free speech, I can see that the OB may well suspect that Brewer has fallen foul of Sections 4A/5 of the Public Order Act 1986 (POA) that make it an offence for a person to use threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour that causes, or is likely to cause, another person harassment, alarm or distress.

Goodness knows they're more than willing to use that 'catch-all' to close down disent and protest; it would make a refreshing change to see them flexing the law to attempt to close down vile, eugenisist clap-trap from such a right-wing nutjob.

Indeed.

Interesting.

Though I agree, I doubt anything will come of it, they are responding to a complaint, nothing more, hope I'm wrong though and they find something to nail him with.

Pref 6" mild steel.

A Ukip county councillor has resigned over sharing offensive material about Muslims on his Facebook page.

Eric Kitson quit the Worcestershire County Council seat he won less than two weeks ago. The 59-year-old, who represented Stourport-on-Severn, has denied being a racist and claims he shared cartoons and jokes to show how "disgusting" they were.

He has since apologised and said it was "stupid" for him to share the messages, which were posted last year on his Facebook.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...muslim-postings-on-facebook-page-8616863.html

oops :)

Brewer really took some shifting. The word on Molesworth Street is that he's resigning on account of his "ill health". Defiant to the end. Cunt.

Back
Top Bottom