Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Election Window Posters: How's your neighbourhood?

what is it with white power / NF / racists and terrible aerosol can technique? i'm guessing it's down to them missing out on the 5 elements of hiphop, particularly number 3.

If you really want to see some proper aerosol fail, you only need look at the bnp youtube channel :facepalm:

Not seen any posters up around here but have had leaflets from both the BNP and UKIP through the letter box. You'd be hard pushed to even realise that there is an election due in May, the main parties don't even bother to canvass or distribute leaflets.
Did see some twat with a UKIP poster on his dashboard when I was driving through Chesterfield.

UKIP are the only posters I've seen; two in fact. Not much, but that's 2 more than anyone else, including the Selfservatives.

If you really want to see some proper aerosol fail, you only need look at the bnp youtube channel :facepalm:

That clip appears to be 9 minutes long. Is that 9 minutes of a forlorn looking rag hanging from a bridge threatening to fall on someone's windhsield. What an epitaph!

Got a "Vote for Marriage" leaflet from C4M put through my door today. Tells me to..."ask MEP candidates if they will defend my freedom to express my beliefs about marriage?"

From their website:-

David Cameron’s decision to redefine marriage remains very controversial. Many people continue to believe that true marriage can only be the union of one man and one woman.

The European Union is pushing for a powerful new law which would threaten your freedom to talk about marriage. Therefore the redefinition of marriage is an issue to raise with candidates seeking election to the European Parliament on 22 May.

The European Parliament keeps demanding a new ‘Equal Treatment Directive’ to give the EU control of UK discrimination law and bring in a dangerous ‘harassment law’.

The Equal Treatment Directive would make discrimination law harder on marriage supporters by outlawing ‘harassment’. Any communication with customers, clients or visitors could result in litigation if someone claims they feel harassed.

• Schools could be sued for harassment if they allow teachers or pupils to explain why they believe in traditional marriage.
  • Posters which only depict man-woman marriages could be outlawed from schools, libraries, hospitals, blocks of flats, or doctors’ surgeries.
  • A minister of religion replying to gay activists who want him to perform a same-sex marriage could be sued over his answer.
  • B&B owners could be fined not just for upholding traditional values in their own home, but simply for expressing their beliefs.

I'm presuming that it's pretty much only UKIP and few fruit-cake christo candidates that could possibly satisfy these god-botherers.

Anyone else had this one?

No poster here, one UKIP leaflet.

Local news featured the election launch campaign of the English Democrats, featuring Chris Beverley, recent poster boy of the BNP.

pretty sure thats illegal. Which is why he doesn't show the instillation or say he condones it. But he does admit its his handiwork and you could work out which bridge - worth showing to a electoral registration officer in yorkshire or north east

dissapointing lack of loony stuff here- spotted a 'No more leaflets thankyou- We're voting UKIP!' poster near Tescos in town.

it would seem my brother's standing for the lib dems in the council elections, but in a ward that's solid labour with the lib dems absolutely miles behind (and not where he lives), so I think he's just going through the motions or something.

he's said fuck all about this to me or my parents, probably down to the increasing hostility we've been aiming at the lib dems for the last 4 years. Not a welcome development.
Asked if he was just intending to go through the motions with the campaign given that there was no chance of winning that ward.... turns out that he's not even planning to go through the motions, just got talked into putting his name on the ballot for a no hope ward as they'd not got anyone else.

Seems they're retrenching to focus their efforts on trying to hold seats they already have, and have given up the rest entirely other than the token effort of putting up a candidate.

They do that in a lot of council seats, a friend who was a party member a few years back got put down to fight for an ultra-safe labour seat in South Leeds, don't think she did anything beyond appearing as a name on the ballot.

Got a leaflet from the Pirate Party yesterday. The Tories have been sending leaflets to people in my block with names and addresses printed on them. I haven't got one, but picked up one that a neighbour left on top of the post boxes in the communal area of the block. It's got twatface's picture on the front so I can't bring myself to look at it this early in the day.

Got a leaflet from the Pirate Party yesterday. The Tories have been sending leaflets to people in my block with names and addresses printed on them. I haven't got one, but picked up one that a neighbour left on top of the post boxes in the communal area of the block. It's got twatface's picture on the front so I can't bring myself to look at it this early in the day.

The Pirate Party have got an election broadcast at https://www.pirateparty.org.uk/campaigns/european-elections-2014

Only UKIP round here in East Sussex, fully expect them to take at least 70% of the vote everywhere except Hastings and to a lesser extent Brighton.

None spotted here. Flyers from UKIP, BNP, two from labour (local and European separately - local one is pretty detailed and localised) plus a personally addressed one from the tories (am I the only one that finds personally addressed junk mail from a political party a bit creepy?)

None spotted here. Flyers from UKIP, BNP, two from labour (local and European separately - local one is pretty detailed and localised) plus a personally addressed one from the tories (am I the only one that finds personally addressed junk mail from a political party a bit creepy?)

Political parties (all of them?) and credit agencies are allowed access to the restricted electoral roll. Along with the police and security services of course.

Political parties (all of them?) and credit agencies are allowed access to the restricted electoral roll. Along with the police and security services of course.
Everyone is - provided they pay for it - or go to the town hall. Or do you mean the full electoral roll rather than the restricted one?

Last edited:
Saw a UKIP sign driving through Brecon last week, nothing in this corner of west Cardiff. Had leaflets from UKIP, Tories, Labour and Plaid so far.

Had leaflets from Tories, Labour, UKIP, Lib Dem and Green so far.

Only window poster down my road is Green.

I live in what has always been traditionally conservative, but an expenses scandal and a sex scandal for our MP has been leaving support waining and slowly but surely the Greens are getting a foot in.

Still nothing at all in my ward. Greens chucking everything at holding the neighbouring ward, Labour too. Labour the only ones bothering to leaflet my ward outside of the post office allocation.

Not a single Tory or UKIP poster anywhere.

Which is a pleasant surprise given the amount of countryside alliance studenst round here...

Back
Top Bottom