Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Election Window Posters: How's your neighbourhood?

One UKIP poster on my estate, very small, only saw it when leafletting estate with IWW flyers.

Couple of Labour leaflets in the biggish houses down the road. None on my estate or any of the other ones I went past earlier. None for anyone else but not massively surprised.

Here's our local BNP candidate.

1976423.jpg

I'm guessing this won't be his election poster though ...

http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/9...f_Wirral_BNP_candidate_in_Hitler_salute_pose/

Only a green party one so far on my street. On my side - the terraced house side.

There are some semi's over the road where people obsess about off-street parking and how long skips have been around for - clearly all Tories.

Nothing for the Euros that I've seen. A few 'Yes' ones though for the independence referendum.

I wandered around Exeter City centre yesterday and was surprised to see a ukip poster in a tattoo studio in an area of Fore St where there are Polish and Romanian shops. No other posters anywhere. Can you display a poster ironically?

Haven't seen any round my way. Including my road, though I have seen from the Council online list that there is one Labour and one Tory candidate (for other wards) living in my road.

None at all round my way. I saw fuck loads of UKIP posters in the forest of dean last weekend.

I've only seen one 'no more austerity' Labour poster. There's a house at the end of my street that permanently has a NUT poster in the window and always displays Labour campaign poster, so I imagine they'll be up soon.

I did rip down an NF sticker/flyer off the bus stop the other day though. I've not seen one of those for a long time :(

not a single poster that i've seen in anerley. we've had a nice personally addressed letter from our labour councillours telling us that the lib-dem councillours don't even live in the ward, and a pile of leaflets from the lib-dems telling us that europe is good for us. nothing else.

Two UKIP Euro flyers have gone in the recycling.
I need to work out which Bristol area candidate who stands a chance is the exact opposite - sadly probably Libdem.

there's a house round the corner always puts up a labour sign in their garden but I have a feeling it is the candidates parents. even the ukip candidate up the street hasn't got one in the window.

So, my European immigrant with a non-European name flatmate got a personally-addressed leaflet from UKIP yesterday (the big picture of Nigel Farage on the front cheered her up no end). I didn't get one. The country has truly gone to the dogs. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom