Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ecuador would like Julian Assange out of their embassy by the sounds of it.

Ugh, not in favour of him being extradited to the US, but at this point I wonder if he realises he made some really bad choices. I'm not sure Sweden would have extradited him, now after years of self-imprisonment he's annoyed his hosts and thus got himself arrested by the European stooge of the US. Talk about fucking himself.

Scotland Yard has confirmed that Assange was arrested on behalf of the US after receiving a request for his extradition.

In a statement it said:

Julian Assange, 47, (03.07.71) has today, Thursday 11 April, been further arrested on behalf of the United States authorities, at 10:53hrs after his arrival at a central London police station. This is an extradition warrant under Section 73 of the Extradition Act. He will appear in custody at Westminster Magistrates’ Court as soon as possible.
And after a mere 15 million quid was spunked away keeping coppers parked outside his impromptu gaff. Good riddance Jools.

If i remember correct from all the stuff a few years back, any swedish extradition request/euro arrest warrant would take precedence over any US one. Of course, Sweden has said it will not extradite him to the US full stop. So, after all this, his best bet now is to hope that he's extradited to sweden on the rape charge.

Only in Loonworld. Unfortunately these will be some of the closest publicly monitored judicial proceedings of the century.
If they get him onto US soil, I very much doubt that. The US has a whole raft of constitutional protections, but has decided in recent years that those human rights only apply to US citizens. He's royally fucked if he is ever sent to the US, and there will be zero due process.

Sweden used to have a Prime Minister who was famous for standing up to Washington DC.

He ended up shot dead in the street, by a killer who remains unknown.

Have they though? I thought they said that any extradition application from the US would be considered as usual so they could not guarantee that they wouldn't punt him over.
They said that they do not and will not - as a matter of fundamental legal principle - extradite anyone to countries that detain people for political reasons and that his Wikileaks activity constitutes political action. It's his last hope - that people who he has pissed off immensely over many years do him a massive favour.

If they get him onto US soil, I very much doubt that.

I sort of expect the wibble defence.

s-l300.jpg

If they get him onto US soil, I very much doubt that. The US has a whole raft of constitutional protections, but has decided in recent years that those human rights only apply to US citizens. He's royally fucked if he is ever sent to the US, and there will be zero due process.

Why you say that? Divs like Abu Hamza got a full, public trial, before his one-way trip to Colorado. So why not this prat?

My wild prediction: he is deported back to Australia, where he wins election to the senate.

Assumming that if neither the usa or sweden wants him in the end and he has done any uk sentence for skipping bail then i guess he would be deported to oz eventually. (I guess his equador citezenship has been removed now?)

the ecuadorian ambassador is treating his staff to a slap-up feed at el inca plebeyo tonight, while the embassy receives a deep clean :cool:

i think you mean that the Equadorian Ambassador will be treating his staff to a 12 week European tour, starting with 2 weeks skiing in the Alps, while the Embassy is dismanted brick by brick and dipped in bleach.

anyone who attends the Embassys' well regarded Halloween fancy-dress ball disguised as Assange is liable to be shot.

i think you mean that the Equadorian Ambassador will be treating his staff to a 12 week European tour, starting with 2 weeks skiing in the Alps, while the Embassy is dismanted brick by brick and dipped in bleach.

anyone who attends the Embasseys' well regarded Halloween fancy-dress ball disguised as Assange is liable to be shot.
i hear orange jump suits are not to be worn even in jest

The UK doesn't just accede to US extradition requests btw - they actually have to get heard and the US has suffered some heavy defeats on this recently i think.

Back
Top Bottom