Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ecuador would like Julian Assange out of their embassy by the sounds of it.

So the sexual assault charge is on ice and he's up for the leaking secrets gig instead, is that right?
I'd sooner he got done on the former.

Bollocks to Assange but I don't want a precedent of the US having an easy time beating up on whistleblowers.

So the sexual assault charge is on ice and he's up for the leaking secrets gig instead, is that right?

No, not necessarily. Its all covered over the last couple of pages.

I sort of expect the wibble defence.

s-l300.jpg
Not the Chewbacca defense?

Bollocks to Assange but I don't want a precedent of the US having an easy time beating up on whistleblowers.
I think some charge or charges have been dropped/run out of time but one of attempted rape is still around till 2020.

I think some charge or charges have been dropped/run out of time but one of attempted rape is still around till 2020.

Gotcha. Would suit me fine if he gets jailed for that until the US limitations run out on their charge, or they drop it (which would be a strong possibility if a Democrat gets in next time)..

I'm a bit torn really... US justice is sadly often a bit of a joke, and part of me applauds Assange for exposing a lot of terrible things the US gets up to, so I want to be rooting for his side... the only problem is that he's such an odious arse. It's very easy to dislike him. Very easy indeed.

Speedy trial; he's been found guilty of skipping bail. Sentencing to follow from Crown Court at a later date. No bail offered.

Speedy trial; he's been found guilty of skipping bail. Sentencing to follow from Crown Court at a later date. No bail offered.

No doubt keeping his powder dry for the many battles against extradition ahead. Given the European arrest warrant is a hard thing to fight against if Sweden want him it seems likely he'll be there soon. Was probably grimly hanging onto the 31st March as his salvation, another one May has fucked over.

https://newsthump.com/2019/04/11/ecuador-finally-sick-of-julian-assanges-shit/

Ecuador has finally got as sick of Julian Assange’s shit as everyone else and thrown him out, we can report.

Julian Assange, who skipped bail in the name of justice and freedom in 2012, then spent the next seven years claiming to be falsely imprisoned whilst hiding in a wardrobe.

It is understood that staff at the Ecuadorian Embassy in London finally got sick of Assange reading their emails and touching their arses, and so hoofed him onto the street, followed by them throwing his clothes out of the window, including his pair of underpants and all three of his socks.

Assange had nowhere else to go, as he no longer has any information about people Vladimir Putin doesn’t like to bargain with.

“The British have had a policeman outside the Embassy waiting for this for years,” Ecuadorian Ambassador Simenez Williamsio told us.

“They knew we’d eventually get sick of him looking through the keyhole when we were in the toilet and sniffing female staffers knickers.

“We even let him off eating all the Ferrero Rocher we’d got for a reception last month, but the final straw was us coming in this morning and finding he’d used all the milk in the fridge…yet a-bleeding-gain.

“I mean, screw that guy, right?

“We’re keeping his cat though. That just pisses on the rug and thinks everyone loves it, so it’ll be a reminder of the time we spent with Julian.”

Whilst he appears to have form I wouldn't be surprised if this time around he just genuinely shat himself out of fear. Not a an unlikely thing to happen under the circumstances.

If he is this scared now how will he cope in prison?

Andrew O'Hagan is basically the male Laurie Penny, and not in a good way.
Yes, there is that. :) I should have remembered that I usually don't like his stuff. Still, as an account of having to deal with Assange for a while, it's interesting. He sounds like an enormous pain and massively arrogant.

‘Finding him guilty [of the 2012 charge of failing to surrender to the court], District Judge Michael Snow said Assange's behaviour was "the behaviour of a narcissist who cannot get beyond his own selfish interest".’

You’ve hit the nail on the head there, Michael Snow.

Back
Top Bottom