Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ecuador would like Julian Assange out of their embassy by the sounds of it.

I think keeping JA cooped up in his cage suits a lot of people. Because he's so dodgy (I can smell it on him from here), it's easy to forget that he did cause embarassment to a lot of people who aren't used to that sort of thing. Having Ecuador pay the tab for his confinement is more convenient than either putting him on trial, or arranging a "wet job" for our Australian anti-hero.

I think keeping JA cooped up in his cage suits a lot of people. Because he's so dodgy (I can smell it on him from here), it's easy to forget that he did cause embarassment to a lot of people who aren't used to that sort of thing. Having Ecuador pay the tab for his confinement is more convenient than either putting him on trial, or arranging a "wet job" for our Australian anti-hero.

It's amusing that a man who likes to consider himself of master of events ends up doing what pretty much everyone else - bar the staff at at the Equadorian Embassy - wants.

The UK doesn't want him, not least because at some stage he'll get released. The US might want him in some dungeon in Arizona, but no one wants to be seen to be the one who hands him over to them...

Doesn’t he do this every few months just to check that there’s still a few people out there that give the slightest fuck about his predicament?
Lots of people care about his predicament, the friends and families of the embassy staff who've seen this self-righteous antipodean literally shit on the embassy staff's working environment. Well maybe not literally seen but had his filthy ways reluctantly described to them

Good day for burying bad news! Which story is being buried though, Assange or EU shambles?

Back
Top Bottom