Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Doctor Who 2023

This is set before davros got his injuries though isnt it ,so not messing with the lore, though it seems to have irritated a few people.
It bugs me a little in the ruining my memories way, but what RTD says is right. The evil disabled person is a trope, and there's been a lot of it over the years. Given Who's lack of reverence for canon, I can't say it's a bad idea to ditch it.

This is set before davros got his injuries though isnt it ,so not messing with the lore, though it seems to have irritated a few people.
it's been said before in various spin-offs that Davros based the Dalek design on his life support chair. but not as far as I recall actually stated in Genesis of the Daleks.
so this short film does contradict that.

but who cares. the whole thing is a joke.

Thursday night on BBC4 has the Daleks colourised with a new soundtrack and edited down to 70 minutes followed by An Adventure in Space and Time.

I am old enough to have seen the first episode of Dr Who when it was first broadcast.
Intrigued by a comment on this forum, I have just watched Genesis of the Daleks. I had never seen this story before. I think that when it was broadcast, in 1975, I was probaly doing other things, being in my teens.
I quite enjoyed it, but was a little disappointed that it had changed the origin story of the Daleks.

I am old enough to have seen the first episode of Dr Who when it was first broadcast.
Intrigued by a comment on this forum, I have just watched Genesis of the Daleks. I had never seen this story before. I think that when it was broadcast, in 1975, I was probaly doing other things, being in my teens.
I quite enjoyed it, but was a little disappointed that it had changed the origin story of the Daleks.
It’s a classic. I remember watching it when it aired. Yes, it does change the origin story, and actually in a way that doesn’t actually make sense when you put any thought into it. But it has the “do I have the right” soliloquy. Which is great.

It’s pretty much how one would expect a cadre of reasonably professional broadcasters on daytime TV to react to a slightly unexpected outro. Unamazed.

The tweet would have been justified if each of them had suddenly revealed themselves as Slitheen. Or Thals.

it's been said before in various spin-offs that Davros based the Dalek design on his life support chair. but not as far as I recall actually stated in Genesis of the Daleks.
so this short film does contradict that.

but who cares. the whole thing is a joke.

I think it’s explicit in GotD. Davros’s chair is a Travel Machine Mark I. The first generation of units to house Kaleds are the Travel Machine Mark IIIs.

We've been rewatching some of Catherine Tate's series so this weekend's special will make sense for our daughter, and it's really chock full of clever ideas. The Silence in the Library two-parter has four or five individual ideas that could sustain a whole story. Midnight and Turn Left also feel like a million miles away from anything that recent Who would have done.

Anything that happened/will happen "before" the Last Great Time War (which is also the same as the First Great Time War - that's the thing about Time Wars) might have been changed through meddling.

We've been rewatching some of Catherine Tate's series so this weekend's special will make sense for our daughter, and it's really chock full of clever ideas. The Silence in the Library two-parter has four or five individual ideas that could sustain a whole story. Midnight and Turn Left also feel like a million miles away from anything that recent Who would have done.
Yes, I rewatched earlier this year and it’s by far the best season of New Who (With the Ecclescake coming second).

Just rewatching this one as well. It really is head and shoulders above anything in the last couple of series' and that season had a great version of the theme tune too.

Also redid Blink, which is just fucking clever and so well done. Although I think the police would have wanted a few words with Ms Sparrow regarding their disappearing officer.

Back
Top Bottom