Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Discussion: UK anti-vaxx 'freedom' morons, protests and QAnon idiots

There's something unhealthy about the obsessiveness displayed in this thread. Covid's over, people. Go outside and enjoy the fresh air.

Its more than just COVID - The anti-vaxx "community" are now spreading their tentacles and are actively in the process of integrating themselves into the wider reactionary/climate-change denial/anti-NHS/far-right and other interconnected spheres. Often using slightly different tactics/messages and aiming at wider audiences compared to what we've been used to.

Keeping an eye on them at least is a worthwhile lesson in how things are changing in wider societal manipulation IMO.

Its more than just COVID - The anti-vaxx "community" are now spreading their tentacles and are actively in the process of integrating themselves into the wider reactionary/climate-change denial/anti-NHS/far-right and other interconnected spheres. Often using slightly different tactics/messages and aiming at wider audiences compared to what we've been used to.

Keeping an eye on them at least is a worthwhile lesson in how things are changing in wider societal manipulation IMO.
also moving into the anti trans brigade

Anyone care to pull this site apart?

In a nutshell the evidence suggests an accidental lab leak in China, with funding from Ecohealth, run by a Brit and funded by the US NIH. All very embarrassing so they chose to blame the bats.

Seems like the author might be a bit of a crank but a lot of the sources and theories appear to be legitimate.

The lab leak theory still hasn't been ruled out, AFAIK, and it's not going to be while China refuses to fully cooperate with WHO researcher, an issue the Washington Post went into detail about last month:

I found a site with a 'guest post' by the same author, 'Andrew Tuntable Ph. D.'

D.R.A.S.T.I.C. Research

I tried looking him up but could only find this from a twitter thread in February:

Suggests Andrew Tuntable Ph. D . doesn't exist

twitter link

Looking closer at this D.R.A.S.T.I.C Research site

7uF5fQ6.png

(...)

HU3KFzN.png

a very strong sense of deja-vu came over me. This seems exactly like some of the slash fiction/fantasy sites set up about non-existent organisations investigating UFOs and aliens back in the 1990s. They also published long 'research' documents by mysterious experts.

Cue X-Files theme music.

However at that point I dozed off and slept for several hours.

Yup - It does seem a big feature in their ideology-creep as the immediacy of COVID recedes. I suppose it also ties-in with belief in all sorts of other poisons/toxins being deliberately "fed" to us by the NWO to make us easier to control. Which also ties-in to the anti-feminist/pro-masculinity line that even female antivaxxers seem to tow.

See also the pro-Putin stuff over Ukraine, which also seems a common cause - Putin of course is an anti-Nazi/NWO hero to them.

The obsessions with transgender issues is something isn't it. I think I have given the issue of transgender rights etc about five minutes total thought in my whole life (fully sympathetic and supporting of course). They are obsessed.
And one of my bugbears - claims of lowering of testosterone / "feminising" of men - especially in relation to phytoestrogens in a plant-based diet.
Exactly who is supposed to represent "masculinity" ?
Tucker Carlson, Alex Jones, Paul Joseph Watson ?

And the sustainable food future is liable to involve the direct conversion of otherwise inedible plants via fungi and bacteria, not insect larvae... though in Thailand they've been a delicacy for ever ...

And one of my bugbears - claims of lowering of testosterone / "feminising" of men - especially in relation to phytoestrogens in a plant-based diet.
Exactly who is supposed to represent "masculinity" ?

Probably General Jack D Ripper from Dr Strangelove.

General Jack D. Ripper : Mandrake, do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk... ice cream. Ice cream, Mandrake, children's ice cream.
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake : [very nervous] Lord, Jack.
General Jack D. Ripper : You know when fluoridation first began?
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake : I... no, no. I don't, Jack.
General Jack D. Ripper : Nineteen hundred and forty-six. 1946, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake : Uh, Jack, Jack, listen... tell me, tell me, Jack. When did you first... become... well, develop this theory?
General Jack D. Ripper : [somewhat embarassed] Well, I, uh... I... I... first became aware of it, Mandrake, during the physical act of love.
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake : Hmm.
General Jack D. Ripper : Yes, a uh, a profound sense of fatigue... a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I... I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence.
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake : Hmm.
General Jack D. Ripper : I can assure you it has not recurred, Mandrake. Women uh... women sense my power and they seek the life essence. I, uh... I do not avoid women, Mandrake.
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake : No.
General Jack D. Ripper : But I... I do deny them my essence.

I found a site with a 'guest post' by the same author, 'Andrew Tuntable Ph. D.'

D.R.A.S.T.I.C. Research

I tried looking him up but could only find this from a twitter thread in February:

Suggests Andrew Tuntable Ph. D . doesn't exist't exist

twitter link

Looking closer at this D.R.A.S.T.I.C Research site

7uF5fQ6.png

(...)

HU3KFzN.png

a very strong sense of deja-vu came over me. This seems exactly like some of the slash fiction/fantasy sites set up about non-existent organisations investigating UFOs and aliens back in the 1990s. They also published long 'research' documents by mysterious experts.

Cue X-Files theme music.

However at that point I dozed off and slept for several hours.

Yeah, they sounds a little odd - still, I think it's definitely an error to lump the lab leak theory in with anti-vaxxers, QAnon etc. - Fauci himself said last week that he's keeping an open mind on it.

As Bloomberg, not exactly a hotbed of conspiraloonery, put it last month:

The possibility that the Covid pandemic started with a lab accident isn’t a conspiracy theory. Nor has science conclusively proven that it started in a Wuhan wet market. We simply don’t know — because China has set up numerous roadblocks to impede scientists’ ability to understand the origin of a pandemic that’s killed millions and shows no sign of ending.
Americans, however, have been channeling our outrage not at China’s evasiveness, but at each other for disagreeing on what conclusions to draw from the sparse and indirect data that China has made available ....

.... In short, whether the lab leak is the more likely scenario depends on which lines of evidence you choose to believe or emphasize. Accepting the Wuhan market theory of the virus’s origins requires putting a lot of trust in the limited data China has supplied. And remember, the Chinese government’s official version of events is that SARS-CoV-2 arrived in their country on frozen food imported from elsewhere — without blaming any specific country.

Debate should focus on the science — the quality of data and inferences drawn from it. There’s no conspiracy needed for the virus to have come from a lab leak or a market. China’s destruction and withholding of evidence has kept the answer hidden. But we shouldn’t give up trying to find it.

The obsessions with transgender issues is something isn't it. I think I have given the issue of transgender rights etc about five minutes total thought in my whole life (fully sympathetic and supporting of course). They are obsessed.

This popped-up earlier:

And that one has plenty more - anti-vax, anti-trans, NWO, Canadian "Freedom" and other of the pet issues.

There is a significant current of old fashioned racism in that one too - IME nearly all of it revolves round White and maybe Asian men being "feminised" whilst higher testosterone in Black men means they are being left to procreate freely and fecklessly, with no societal control at all.

I also wonder if it is a currently "acceptable" form of homophobia? Plenty of Trans-related discussions seem to degenerate to the "I don't want any alphabet..." level pretty quickly. And yes, I've no doubt some of it is also repressed/internalised revulsion from them.

a lot of the anti-trans BS in the last few years is very similar to the anti-gay BS of the 70s / 80s - the 'they recruit because they can't / don't reproduce' was around then (see 'save our children', 1977)

Back
Top Bottom