Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Discussion: UK anti-vaxx 'freedom' morons, protests and QAnon idiots

I used to enjoy reading them for fun. That's the thing they do have great entertainment value. Exciting, mysterious. The pizza gate thing was captivating when it was first being presented. I can see why people read them in the first place but rarely did I even come close to being hooked.

Oh that's easy, they ignore the chest infection that could be cured by a cheap and short course of antibiotics, wait until they are at death's door with pneumonia, cost the NHS £1000's and still blame them for poor care. The whole time spouting off at the nurses about how the nurses are trying to kill them.
There's nothing better than a strawman to make one feel smug.

in a sad related way an acquaintance of mine who went for all the conspiracy stuff brought on by covid just removed themselves from the planet.
I feel bad that instead of trying to engage I was quite forthwith in telling them "this link is bullshit" and not explaining further (I was very angry angry at the time about all this).
I stopped engaging ages ago when they posted stuff but somehow I feel I failed them.

It's very hard, if not outright impossible, to "deprogram" these kinds of folks over the internet.

Even close relatives who are in regular contact with such people have a hard time of it; look at r/qanoncasualties on Reddit to see plenty of examples.

I love how he describes himself as one of the most powerful parts of the resistance, kind of like Luke Skywalker. :D

The new Qanon Annonymous space station episode is so good on so many levels.

QA podcast is such a good podcast. They are raking it in ($50k dollars a month on patreon alone) and des4tve every penny

Use lessons you learnt from the pandemic to deal with the QAnon/Sovereign Citizen shit when it's in your community. It's difficult to treat once someone's caught it so the priority is to stop people catching it. Once you notice one person falling down the rabbit hole, speak to people around them. Make your well formulated arguments about why it's bullshit to them. Essentially the aim is to vaccinate them against it by getting to them before the conspiraloon

Not UK but it shows how certain they are and how sensitive their feelings are when given information.

View attachment 322941
I grew up in quite an oppressive and abusive religion/culture before the mental health awareness wave and remember this exact defensive attitude from adults when doctors would get anywhere near actually understanding why I was 'mentally ill' and doing something actionable to help me. I think, despite what people like this claim, they believe they benefit from the status quo and lose power if/when everyone realises they have even basic agency over their lives.

Not UK but it shows how certain they are and how sensitive their feelings are when given information.

View attachment 322941

I'm sorry, but if you believe some trash lies on the internet over a trained medical professional, then you should be judged as the obstinate fuckwit that you are.

Patient should have been wheeled off for a blood-letting, since they obviously don't trust science-based medicine.

I'm sorry, but if you believe some trash lies on the internet over a trained medical professional, then you should be judged as the obstinate fuckwit that you are.

Patient should have been wheeled off for a blood-letting, since they obviously don't trust science-based medicine.
If 1,000% is a valid number :D, then that's the very modest amount by which agree with this! :cool:

View attachment 322941
"felt judged"

you probably felt judged because there was someone with half a brain radiating "this guy's a fucking moran" energy all over you.

i have started buying the Sunday Times. I know, i know, it's not on teh side of good in the main but I forgot how valuable these broadsheets can be. Just one read through and I am learning stuff i would never have picked up. the reporting, in teh main, at least has some semblance of balance. the staff writers are on a salary, with a pension, they are not grifting teh world into oblivion. it feels like a calm, peaceful, thoguhtful way to consume the news. i love the art pages. i have learnt so much.

buy a newspaper. all this shit can't shine a light to them. even teh ones like the times where any sane person avoids the "opinion" pieces.

i read it and never to i get the sense that i am being provoked, or grifted.

the sunday times vs telegram. murdoch or not, i know where i would rather train my focus.

Can't you use a paywall buster site to avoid giving money to Murdoch?
and i it feels so much easier to read in paper form. browsing the pages, you find stuff that you wouldn't online which is provided mainly by targeted search.

i know what you mean though, there's a monster behind it sadly. suppose the observer is the other option.

Ooops

MEDIA=reddit] Music/comments/urv9sh[/MEDIA] (square bracket omitted at front because otherwise it quotes the whole post).

“Eric Clapton, who last summer declared that he reserved the right to cancel performances at venues where audience members were required to show proof of Covid vaccination, has indeed canceled two shows, but for another reason: Clapton just tested positive for the coronavirus.

The announcement of the show cancelations in Zurich and Milan was made on Clapton’s official Facebook page last night.

“Eric Clapton is unfortunately suffering from Covid having tested positive shortly after the second concert at the Royal Albert Hall,” the post reads. He has been told by his medical advisors that if he were to resume traveling and performing too soon, it could substantially delay his full recovery. Eric is also anxious to avoid passing on any infection to any of his band, crew, Promoters, their staff and of course the fans.”
Seems to have undergone a conversion. Praise the Lord. Short discussion of his alleged reaction to the vaccine, too. Doubt whether it's a doctor but seems informed.

Back
Top Bottom