Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Detail your latest clothes and slap related purchases here #2

Help me savvy urban shoppers. After making a bit of an effort today, I felt 100x better and much more like 'me', so I have decided to tidy up my daily 'harried and milk stained mum' look a little.
Where can I buy nice printed tops, long or 3/4 sleeve and in stretchy fabric? I love some of the cool prints posted on here, but everything I can find is mumsy florals or horrid Jacques Vert style stuff....or isn't stretchy so useless for breastfeeding.
The breastfeeding combo that works for me is long sleeve jersey top or t shirt and cardigan- I have lots of cardigans but want some interesting patterned tops to go under them. My shopping skills are failing me...
Try uniqlo - lots of lovely patterned tops in :)

Manter - a lady in Streatham is doing a bodem sale at home on saturday that I might pop along to. I can pm details if u want.

Oooh, I like that

It was actually a revelation and completely altered my Monday commute for the better :eek: Instead of wearing my parka that makes me look like a sack of potatoes, the mac that's too big, the shapeless camo jacket that doesn't cover my arse, the black pleather bias-zipped jacket that fashionable two years ago or the black wool jacket that's a got a too-big neck I actually felt like a nice, normal, warm, well-dressed yet fasionable person :cool:

Help me savvy urban shoppers. After making a bit of an effort today, I felt 100x better and much more like 'me', so I have decided to tidy up my daily 'harried and milk stained mum' look a little.
Where can I buy nice printed tops, long or 3/4 sleeve and in stretchy fabric? I love some of the cool prints posted on here, but everything I can find is mumsy florals or horrid Jacques Vert style stuff....or isn't stretchy so useless for breastfeeding.
The breastfeeding combo that works for me is long sleeve jersey top or t shirt and cardigan- I have lots of cardigans but want some interesting patterned tops to go under them. My shopping skills are failing me...

Toast? Bit plain maybe.

Manter I lived in these for a couple of years. Not a huge range in terms of colour and pattern (thankfully, if you cut me in half I'd be Breton striped to the core :cool::D) but very flattering and designed for discreet breastfeeding.

My trousers from Premier Man finally turned up.
My colleague in the post room was rather pissed off because the Hermes courier had clearly been saving up a van-load to make it worth their while ...

Hermes "next day delivery" doesn't mean a thing.
Thankfully PM refunded the difference.

Thankfully the pocket arrangement of my new combats hasn't changed, but next summer's Khaki shorts look a bit dark, so I'll have to wash them carelessly a few times :)

Last edited:
Well, the swimsuit arrived. I think Chex must come up extra small because Slazenger aren't exactly the most generous fit in the world, so I based the Chex size (36, which the ebay seller listed as a 14) on the Slazenger size which is now comfortable.

Roughly 2 sizes too small. :( It's too tight around the legs, too short in the body (never thought I'd say that), and it's one racerback into which my shoulders just won't fit. Yet. Into storage for a year and if it fits then, fine; if it doesn't, out it'll go.

I used my 'free' £55 Boots vouchers (saved credit card rewards points) to buy Jean Paul Gaultier gift set for me. I nearly went for something else but it's so rare that I can buy perfume I just went with what I already love. It's perfume,body lotion & shower gel. Plus I got the £12 advantage points.

oliver_bonas_nck_stag_head_statement_bm__917599_1.jpg

:cool: :cool: :cool: does a little dance. :D £5 off too.

Awwww, sorry. :( It's still lovely, and like you say, goldy! Can't you get a refund and get a cheaper one?

I've worn mine loads, and everyone compliments it. The woman in the vet wouldn't take her hands off it, which was awkward, and I had to be a bit brisk with here. :mad:

The eBay sellers get them straight from China via something like aliexpress.com, which is full of cheap bling.

Manter Boden is actually quite good these days - a bit JCrew but much cheaper and they have pretty constant sales. Uniqlo is brilliant for basics which are cheap and good quality. Long enough in the body too. I am a fan.

I bought a onesie :D I have coveted them for so long now. And Mountain Warehouse were doing them for £16.99 :cool:

http://www.mountainwarehouse.com/wo...er-womens-onesie-p9881.aspx?ism=0&cl=RED#Desc

So while I was on there I thought I might as well get another couple of pair of these unbelievably toasty socks

http://www.mountainwarehouse.com/sk...erned-ski-tube-2-pack-p8800.aspx?ism=0&cl=RED

I bought 2 pair a few weeks back and have been wearing each pair for a few days each. They don't even smell! And I have proper sweaty feet :D:cool:

I have exchanged it for a scarf (looked in Ebay couldn't see it!) and bought a cheaper stag necklace from Ebay.

Slight tactical fail. The women in the shop remembered me and what I'd bought and I made out they were presents. I'm bound to forget and go in there wearing the scarf.

My pleasure :) I know it borders onto yoghurt weaving territory, but some of it is gorgeous eh? Good fit for tall too :cool:
Combined with black and/or jeans, I reckon it'll look elegant and striking. And I have always had a soft spot for some of those ethnic patterns- I'd be in floor length skirts with bells round the hem if I didn't watch myself....

Back
Top Bottom