Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Detail your latest clothes and slap related purchases here #2

M&S leather-look ankle grazer jeggings. Which sound a bit dodgy but are actually great - they come in different lengths and the long fit my high-waisted figure perfectly. Most trousers of that ilk cut me in half as the waist is far too low. I got the cranberry version and am going to get them in black as well.

It's been a crappy week so I went thrift shopping. I think I bought a new wardrobe! I walked out with three grocery sacks of clothing for <$40. Among all that was:

A vintage, long white bead necklace
One pair of black shoes.
Two cardigans -- one grey, one taupe.
Three pairs of grey or black slacks.
Four little lacey camisoles (purple, grey, taupe, and red).
Several silk blouses (most black or black with red.)
And a partridge in a pear tree!

That's a spree and a half, YW!!
I bought 3 fairly nondescript black dresses for work. All variations on scoop neck/mid-length sleeves/knee length. Will probably customise.

This.

324334507_1_CO_1_324334507-ffddec38-6749-4d1b-bfb6-c53002b6e73e_zps50307f6d.jpg

And this for my sister but I tried it on and really liked it so I've kept it and ordered her another one.

324422267_0_CL_2_324422267-1ccfd790-c13f-4da3-acd1-fb4cbcbaec4a_zps7893d8c0.jpg

Oooh I like that second one 8115, where's it from?

A tweed mini skirt. Arrived this morning. Was wearing it earlier, but forgot to get a pic for Friday frocks. It's too warm for tights now so I've changed.

That's a spree and a half, YW!!

I also went home and de-junked my wardrobe. I came up with two trash bags of stuff for a charity shop. It was almost double what I brought home yesterday. Its amazing what happened when I did that. My wardrobe took a more coherent shape and style than its ever had. I have only clothes that fit, that I like, and that go together. I could almost stick my hand in at random and pull out an outfit that looks good.:)

What I was doing with a peach Izod polo is beyond me! :D

Last edited:
I've been trying to get some dresses to go with leggings and boots but not been having much luck. Bought 2 in new look but they looked shit so went back. Bought 2 off asos curve but they looked really shit and were a bit odd.

Finally, I've found 2 dresses I ordered from new look online that are ok. Still have to send one back but at least I'm getting somewhere.
y7uty3ad.jpg

asyzubeh.jpg

I'm watching 2 or 3 on eBay too.

I found a really nice, slouchy cardigan in Sainsburys. All good except I bought it in 3 colours (in two trips). : o
I feel so fucking old. : (

But they were all nice colours and I couldn't decide. Someone please tell me they've done similar.

<snip>I found a really nice, slouchy cardigan in Sainsburys. All good except I bought it in 3 colours (in two trips). : o

But they were all nice colours and I couldn't decide. Someone please tell me they've done similar.
I've done that with jeans, because it's so difficult to find ones which fit me. And T shirts, for similar reasons. Underwear too. It has to be something which really does fit more or less perfectly for once, and which I know I'd be happy wearing to death.

I've wished I've bought multiple copies of good items tbh.
That Joe Brown top of mine (pale aqua, longer on one side, sleeveless) is something with VP persuaded me to buy 2 of. Mostly because the first one hung so well on me, and it was something which (according to Sod's Law) would have got ruined by stains if I hadn't got another one exactly like it.

God those boots keep your feet toasty. Wore them for a couple of hours and my feet were roasting. Learned when I looked at the specs on the Merrell website that aside from the padded insulation, they have silver reflective foil in the insole, which would explain why my feet felt on fire. Maybe colder weather is needed before I can wear these again...:hmm:

I found a really nice, slouchy cardigan in Sainsburys. All good except I bought it in 3 colours (in two trips). : o

I've bought the exact same thing in the exact same colour - memorably two of a particularly ace green hoodie. You've got to make the most of it when you find something you really like. In the case of the hoody I put one away in a bag till the first one was worn out and then it came out :)

NB Tapatalk seems to be putting a logo on your pictures. I think there's a thing somewhere of how to not let it do that, ie opt to have this forum host your pics rather than Tapatalk.

I've bought the exact same thing in the exact same colour - memorably two of a particularly ace green hoodie. You've got to make the most of it when you find something you really like. In the case of the hoody I put one away in a bag till the first one was worn out and then it came out :)

NB Tapatalk seems to be putting a logo on your pictures. I think there's a thing somewhere of how to not let it do that, ie opt to have this forum host your pics rather than Tapatalk.

Phew, I'm glad there are others!

I noticed that tapatalk thing, it's since I updated my iPhone. I'll have a look at the tapatalk instructions. : )

God those boots keep your feet toasty. Wore them for a couple of hours and my feet were roasting. Learned when I looked at the specs on the Merrell website that aside from the padded insulation, they have silver reflective foil in the insole, which would explain why my feet felt on fire. Maybe colder weather is needed before I can wear these again...:hmm:

I have the same problem with my Merrell insulated coat. I can only wear it if it below zero! I can't go into a shop with it on, and I swelter on the bus or if I walk in it.

I have the same problem with my Merrell insulated coat. I can only wear it if it below zero! I can't go into a shop with it on, and I swelter on the bus or if I walk in it.

I know what you mean! I've got a few pairs of Merrell walking shoes and they are fine - not insulated like these at all, so I think it took me by surprise. They're like a 15 tog foot-quilt!

Back
Top Bottom