Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Detail your latest clothes and slap related purchases here #2

The weather went cool and I just stood in the middle of my room with a baffled look on my face entirely clueless about what I'd been wearing just a few months earlier. So had to shop.
Love the kimono-y top. That doesn't look kimono-y at all...third from the bottom.

Where are the boots from?

Good haul, quimmy!

I've bought my husband a bag for his birthday.

It was half price from scaramanga (32 quid).

uvyze9uv.jpg

I was a bit worried about it as he hasn't actually asked for one but I had no idea what to get him and he'd never buy himself something like this.

He travels to meetings quite a bit and uses a really crappy messenger bag and I've even seen him put his diary in a carrier bag.
: D

Anyway, today I dropped him back at work after lunch and he was boiling but couldn't leave his coat as it had his keys/phone/wallet in. So, I think the silly fool does need a bag eh?
It's a gorgeous bag....

Love the kimono-y top. That doesn't look kimono-y at all...third from the bottom.

Where are the boots from?

They are rocket dog. Annoyingly they are not leather but I couldn't find anything else that fitted the rest of the remit. :mad:

They are rocket dog. Annoyingly they are not leather but I couldn't find anything else that fitted the rest of the remit. :mad:
Bugger, I was all excited, but I can't wear non- leather shoes... I get skin infections (yuk). They look fab... The only ones I have found that tick all the boxes and are leather are Vivienne Westwood, and at £800 that ain't gonna happen...

Bugger, I was all excited, but I can't wear non- leather shoes... I get skin infections (yuk). They look fab... The only ones I have found that tick all the boxes and are leather are Vivienne Westwood, and at £800 that ain't gonna happen...

Yeah, I'm sure if I 'opened up my budget' to £800 I could find something that would just about do, but I prefer food and shelter. :D

This is not news to me. :(

You've seen often I'm on this thread (not, ironic lol)
I'm currently wearing a floor length jersey skirt to hide the fact I haven't shaved my legs since about July (when I could last reach them round the bump/ small boy clutched to my bosom) with a badly sponged patch of baby sick on the side of it. And I went to sainsbury's like that. ((My fashion sense))

1f1260af-9ace-4df3-b540-a75555a91b5f.jpg

Bought this. looked alright in the shop but now looks a bit too pink and too glossy. fucks sake. I cant even get lipstick right at the moment :facepalm:

Dark green jeans arrived. More or less the shade I hoped that they'd be, the right length, tight enough, stretchier than the first jeans which were in that range, also less instantly adjustable. Still more to be happy about than not. :)

New Look!

oooh.. that's exciting.. was thinking I really can't afford to buy anything at all.. but if it's New Look and I'm near one I'd be tempted! Never worn anything like that though - not sure what I'd wear it with really... it's lovely colours though.

It's not actually a top. I might put a couple of stitches in it to make it a top and just wear it over a black vest.

It's not actually a top. I might put a couple of stitches in it to make it a top and just wear it over a black vest.

oh that's not a bad idea. I didn't want it to gape open whilst I'm wearing a vest top and thereby reveal a world of lumpy bumpiness.. but if it were stitched up that would help...

I bought a black with red zips lightweight down and feather jacket with hood. It should screw up small enough to put in my bag if I want to take it off indoors. I now have jackets/coats for every dog walking eventuality this winter.
:p up yours winter!

Got a pair of purple and a pair of green heart/camo print skinny jeans for my daughter at H&M. Plus a pair of tops with gathering at the shoulders and Mexican style skull prints for her. Good old H&M!

I'm so desperate for clothes.

My cardigans particularly are falling apart, my leggings are baggy and my winter dresses from last year are shabby. Plus I need decent boots.

I don't really have enough money for such a big restock...

I'm going shopping on Monday so hopefully new look's fat section will have some good stuff, other than that it's ASOS or eBay I guess.

I'm going to be super organised, go through what I've got and make a proper list of what I need. Then cry when I realise I can't afford most of it. : D

ponte-dress.jpg

cheap as chips, will probably disintegrate or turn bobbly after the first wear/wash but it fitted with what i was looking for. They only has it in navy and grey but it also comes in black with beige detailing which looks nice and red. £10.

also does anyone know what ponte means when referring to dresses? is it just the material type?

thanks - Im sure Ive seen it referring to loads of different clothing items and there didnt seem to be a definite commonality to it but I guess thick jersey would probably fit the things I have seen, some have been online though so probably looked like they were made of other stuffs.

also does anyone know what ponte means when referring to dresses? is it just the material type?
Thick jersey with very fine ribs (usually vertical) - usually polyester. Very strong and moderately stretchy, AFAIK.

I bought a quartet of dark coloured Rimmel eyeshadows from the pound shop. Was feeling tired and pallid and I like to kid myself that I will spend lots of days glamorously made up with smoky eyes. I do love an eyeshadow purchase though, will probably give them a spin tomorrow.

I'm trying not to go too mad now I can spend money again (for at least 3 months) now that gsv's got this contract role. Tbh, a summer of not spending anything proved I don't need much even though it was my first summer in job with a smart dress code. Probably going to save up for a Jan sales splurge, though new jeans are needed soon.

I had a £20 voucher for New Loook. I needed some tights so bought a pair for a fiver and bought three necklaces each a fiver too.

Bought some No7 CC Cream today, as I had a voucher for money off cosmetics and fancied trying some of this BB/CC cream. Decided on balance I'm probably too old to get the most out of BB and CC is more what I need of the two. It does look good and very natural, and doesn't feel like wearing anything, so aiming to use it every day to look just a bit better.

Back
Top Bottom