Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Detail your latest clothes and slap related purchases here #2

Went mad on socks at the weekend:
66CE9AC8-FBE8-49C4-B1EE-CF992C558017-302-0000003D42AC3A94.jpg

Looking at bras on sale in the eBay 'fashion gallery' bit and came across this Elle MacPherson bra - really cheap as the last one left was in my stupid size. The MacPherson bra gsv got for my last birthday is the only one I have right now that actually fits me properly.

971787_2.jpg

Bought lots of basics yesterday - tights, socks, knickers, and a brilliant, comfy, well-fitting Maidenform t-shirt bra from TKMaxx for £7 :cool:

Also went to the No. 7 counter in Boots and got them to colour match me for some new foundation. They use a little hand held machine and the colour it said is spot on and not what I would have picked on my own. It's a free service and well worth it imo.

<snip>Also went to the No. 7 counter in Boots and got them to colour match me for some new foundation. They use a little hand held machine and the colour it said is spot on and not what I would have picked on my own. It's a free service and well worth it imo.
That's useful, seeing as I can never find the right shade of foundation. :cool:

That was just to demonstrate what a beagle collar was, it isn't mine. I'll post a pic of the jacket when I get home if you like...

Nah I got it wasn't it, i've seen that shirt before a few times.

Nice jacket that, early/mid 70's?

yet more vintage 60s togs - this time a lee jeans jacket, except made from some weird gold-ish velvet material. pics when i get home i guess...

Shoe serendipity. Was looking around for brogue-y shoes for new job, ideally a bit heeled, ideally not black or brown, and these showed up on sale at Jones in a nice shade of purple:

2610435022_01.jpg

I was cursing, because they were a 6 and I take 5, but I tried on a similar, but not as nice, pair they had in a 5 and they turned out to feel really small, so actually the 6 was perfect. I'm also pleased I am following through my determination to get better quality stuff - I probably could have found similar in a variety of colours in New Look or somewhere, but they'd be nowhere near as good.

Also some skinny off-white jeans with a sort of dotted black vertical stripe in Zara - as I posted on FB, I'm liking this trend for slightly cropped trousers, as they actually come out as just the right length on me. Even in Zara, where the trousers are usually about a foot too long.

I'm getting fed up of wearing a suit for work (in a school) and had to wear trousers, shirt and sweater today cos my suit trousers have a split that's being repaired. I found pupils more responsive to the 'friendlier' image, so am now looking for suitable clothes that incorporate a shirt and tie, but without it being a suit.
Should I only wear a v-neck sweater with a shirt & tie, or are there other combos that are acceptable?

Feck! The trousers i bought to wear while my suit trousers were being repaired split whilst I was bending down to fetch my ticket out of my bag in order to get my fixed trousers back. :facepalm:
Is this crotch-splitting a common problem with trousers?

Feck! The trousers i bought to wear while my suit trousers were being repaired split whilst I was bending down to fetch my ticket out of my bag in order to get my fixed trousers back. :facepalm:
Is this crotch-splitting a common problem with trousers?

Are they new? If so take them back, unless they were really tight.

:hmm:

I'm going to take them back alright.
Am I supposed to wash them first? I've never taken anything back before!

Back
Top Bottom