Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Detail your latest clothes and slap-related purchase(s) here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Errr do the bride and groom mind you wearing black? Only it's traditionally not worn at weddings? :hmm::D

i've not asked them. but given that they're the most lovely, laid back, gorgeous couple in the world, i doubt they'll give a flying fuck as long as everyone's having a good time :)

plus which, i've seen loads of black at weddings in the past. i really can't see it being a problem (unless they plan to have personality bypasses before tmw)

Dear lord, I just went and spent a huge amount of money in Primark. Not possible, I hear you say. Oh, but it is.

Some might go back now I've tried it on at home. I wanted a couple of staple longish black t-shirty type tops, but I also ended up with some new pyjamas, new headbands, new scarves, leg warmers, more new t-shirts and 3 dress/tunic type tops (2 of which don't fit but I'm keeping in the vain hope I'll lose a bit of weight this year).

In my defence, I've been in and out of the dentist all week, I was shopping with yet another numb mouth, and I've been really quite down regarding my future uni options, so I treated myself.

(I'm wearing my new pjs now :oops: )

Gulp, I just spent £200 in my lunch hour! I was panic buying because I didn't feel I'd really got the most out of the sales and I think they're all ending this weekend and it was my last chance :D

Most shameful expenditure was £78 on a totally frivolous and delicate handbag which I don't really know what I'm going to do with :oops: It's too big for an evening bag but too fancy for day-to-day use. I figured it'd be good for when I go to fancy restaurants or to the theatre...which happens almost never :rolleyes:

Dear lord, I just went and spent a huge amount of money in Primark. Not possible, I hear you say. Oh, but it is.

Some might go back now I've tried it on at home. I wanted a couple of staple longish black t-shirty type tops, but I also ended up with some new pyjamas, new headbands, new scarves, leg warmers, more new t-shirts and 3 dress/tunic type tops (2 of which don't fit but I'm keeping in the vain hope I'll lose a bit of weight this year).

In my defence, I've been in and out of the dentist all week, I was shopping with yet another numb mouth, and I've been really quite down regarding my future uni options, so I treated myself.

(I'm wearing my new pjs now :oops: )

But overspending in Primark always feels more virtuous, cos you come back with so much stuff! :cool: Also, if you've had a shit week then reward shopping is justifiable.

Last week in Primark I got:

One fake fur scarfy thing, looks like mink. :D
pair of black suede look high heels
pearl bracelets (fake again, obviously)
black bra and thong set
pink bra and pants set
black tights

(and some towels, sheets and flannels)

Gulp, I just spent £200 in my lunch hour! I was panic buying because I didn't feel I'd really got the most out of the sales and I think they're all ending this weekend and it was my last chance :D

That is the best excuse ever. :cool:

But overspending in Primark always feels more virtuous, cos you come back with so much stuff! :cool: Also, if you've had a shit week then reward shopping is justifiable.

That's very true. For the amount I spent I would have only got maybe 3 tops in somewhere like TopShop. So that's not bad going.

Primark do some excellent organic cotton men's socks - I wear them. Really comfy. I'm going through a grey/black boring sock phase.

I also like their slippers. At £3 a shot you don't mind if they look like shit 6 months later. Well, I don't.

I usually buy their pj bottoms. I like that they have racks and racks of pj separates. I tend to wear normal vest tops with the bottoms because I don't really like long sleeves with my pjs. They look a bit rough around the edges once they've been washed a few times, but to be honest no one but me, Mr Paw, the cat and the postie (and occasionally the gas man, and the bloke who was overseeing the new windows being put in) see me in them - so I don't care.

Other than the obscenely expensive and decadant handbag, I bought:

a pair of cute flat t-bar pumps in patent brown (very "me")
a crazy brightly coloured beaded/appliqued necklace (not at all me but fancied it)
a chiffony pussy-bow blouse with a sort of neon paisley pattern (better than it sounds, honest!)
a mustard and grey jumper dress (again, hopefully better than it sounds)

I also bought two feather boas - one in bright pink and black, and the other in a turquoise/teal and black.

Ooh, I love feather boas! I can't wear them though, they tickle me and make me itch. I had a lovely black one that I gave away (to Kate, actually).

Picked up a lovely Ri2K brown leather across body bag today from TK Maxx for £40. :cool:

I binged on cashmere in Primark the other day - at £20 a pop it seemed rude not to. I have a cute grey cardi, a purple round neck jumper and a red v-neck jumper. I also got several pairs of coloured tights, a couple of T-shirts and a light brown cotton dress. :eek:

This morning I purchased a kneelength skirt with a slight puffball hem, some cable-knit tights and a red v-neck jumper, in which to look nice for the real live moose I will be visiting in Stockholm zoo in a week and a half. Couldn't let the side down.

This morning I purchased a kneelength skirt with a slight puffball hem, some cable-knit tights and a red v-neck jumper, in which to look nice for the real live moose I will be visiting in Stockholm zoo in a week and a half. Couldn't let the side down.

aww :D

today I have purchased...

a short sleeved jumper, red and grey stripes with a little bow on it.

pair of brown suede boots with tassles down the side - identical in all but colour to my favouritest boots ever from the 80s, reduced to £25 :cool:

a grey checked jacket, reduced to £35.

benefit badgal mascara.

(i also bought a morrissey dvd, but I don't think that counts ;) )

some new work trousers but as i haven't even tried them on yet I have no idea if I'll be keeping them :D but as the zip bust on one pair of my work trousers I had to try :D

Today I have bought a lovely grey cardi, a black top with a stripey vest underneath, a red and black bra with free matching knickers and 3 other pairs of knickers.

Then I went to Boots to spend my Morrissey money and got Benefit Boi-ing, Lemon Aid and Boo Boo Zap, a gorgeous Urban Decay eyeshadow set and some Clinique clarifying lotion.

I also bought some heart shaped cookie cutters and some tart cases from Lakelands but I know they don't belong in this forum.

I have been very bad.:oops:

I need to know more!

I'll have to try to take a photo of it, for my handbag describing skills are poor :D

In end-of-sale mania, I cruelly dragged my parents around the shops in Leeds for half an hour.

I bought a hooded black fleece which is furry like a teddy bear (inside and out!) but is also a quality technical fabric and thus highly practical for hiking and stuff. Honest. :hmm:

And....best sale purchase EVER!!! A Dries Van Noten dress reduced by 90% from £575 to £57. Bargain! Harvey Nic's sale is the best for hoovering up crazy reductions.

And...I just won two Erotokritos dresses on e-bay for less than £30 each.

Phew! I'm feeling a bit of post-shopping guilt, I've spent about £350 in three days :oops: :oops:

a grey hoodie from fat face, which zips down the front and has a very furry inside to the hood. It's fab and snuggly and I love it.

And....best sale purchase EVER!!! A Dries Van Noten dress reduced by 90% from £575 to £57. Bargain! Harvey Nic's sale is the best for hoovering up crazy reductions.

My friend was a Saturday girl in Leeds Harvey Nicks when we were at uni, and bought a Versace Versus black shift dress reduced by about £350 quid. She was well pleased, until she wore it out for the first time and it bled dye all over her - she was zombie grey wherever the material had touched :eek: What a rip-off!

My friend was a Saturday girl in Leeds Harvey Nicks when we were at uni, and bought a Versace Versus black shift dress reduced by about £350 quid. She was well pleased, until she wore it out for the first time and it bled dye all over her - she was zombie grey wherever the material had touched :eek: What a rip-off!

naysayer! :mad: :D

I wasn't initially entirely convinced with this dress, as it's one of these deliberately unfitted boxy numbers and my initial judgement was that it looked like "a posh sack". But, I eventually persuaded myself that "posh sack" was actually a "look" that should really be embraced :cool:. Especially when *saving* over £500 ;)

You're quite petite and toned though, aren't you? So the boxy sack look will take on that modelised sheen on you, whereas I would just look like a sack of ferrets fighting to escape their drowning :(

You're quite petite and toned though, aren't you? So the boxy sack look will take on that modelised sheen on you, whereas I would just look like a sack of ferrets fighting to escape their drowning :(

Yeah but boys make passes at girls who got asses

I think the ferret-esque qualities may have explained why it was still on the sale rack slashed to a giveaway price. :hmm:

indeed - i had a D&G top once. Burgundy, pvc (but not shiny-shiny). Anyway, all the burgundy coating kind of rubbed off after i'd worn it about three times.

I actually only paid $9.99 for it from Century 21 in NY, but it think it was at least $250 originally.

I bought a blue suede leather jacket yesterday for $20. I found a pair of linen slacks for work for $10, and a red wool sweater for $10. :cool:

Then I went out and paid $15 a pair for frilly underwear. :rolleyes:

erm, the other day i bought

a pair of jeans, which i might take back, even though they make me look super slim. i'm just not completely feeling them yet....i might keep them though ;)

a black/green gingham shirt, a white blouse with very small tulip style print all over, a white/grey striped blouse, some foundation and some benefit get even face powder all of which i am keeping :)

oh, and i bought a swimming costume or madge, and underpants for relahni today :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom