Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Detail your latest clothes and slap-related purchase(s) here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to Boots again today after my £85 splurge the other day and spent another £20. ((((bank balance))))

I had a voucher for £5 off so I bought No7 radiance revealed exfoliator, awakening eye gel (getting bags:() and balancing day cream. I got free No7 illiuminating powder worth another tenner and a free gift box too because I spent £20.

That contains a mascara, lip pencil, lip gloss, nail varnish (bit rank but ok for toes), mini moisturiser, hand cream and shave balm for the geezer.
What a fucking bargain.:cool:

I like No7 because I never have a bad reaction to it. I have to be careful, even with body shop lotions and potions.

I'm off to buy some silky, flowy fabric today. My friends are having a 1920s themed party and I've decided to go as Isadora Duncan (in fact, I'm planning to go as dead Isadora Duncan).

Not only will this be fun (and potentially recyclable in various ways), it takes me back to my childhood dancin' roots.

dduncancs6.jpg

(that's me circa 1989)

re hair: I know, right?

:eek:

re calf muscle - someone recently said to me that they saw this picture and thought, "that cannot be anyone other than D. Look at that calf muscle - it's exactly the same." :cool:

milesy?!? who's milesy!??! :confused: :hmm:

i've got a couple of lucky 13 t-shirts that are a nice slim shape, but not a vince ray one, and that's what i'd most really most like :(

Get the missus to take it in. :)

I bought a grey mohair cardi with kind of puffed sleeves, and a red/black stripey t-shirt with a silhouette of a moose on it.

Got a cool French Connection 3/4 length double breasted grey check coat/jacket last week in practically new condition from a charity shop for a bargain 10 quid. I'd been looking for ages for something like it, couldn't believe my luck!

This maternity skirt bought this morning... I'd been thinking about it, and it had come down to only £8. Nice to see something a bit unusual and not just totally plain, so I went for it! Someone pointed me to the site, www.funmum.co.uk, which features some slightly funkier than usual maternity stuff, and it's pretty cheap too.

B0028P-0040.jpg

You're not wearing much else, I hope. :)

I'm planning to go next month, as I definitely have to go while being very preggers. Have fun!

I'll be wearing my black kilt and a fish net top.
I'm sure I'll have fun. :p

I just bought a beautiful pair of trousers from M&S - they are waist fitting cords/velvet brown trousers, quite flared. They are *almost* a perfect fit - about an inch gap at the back, but because they are waist fitting I can put a belt on and it won't be very noticeable. I'm really pleased with them.

I wish I could wear trousers, but my horrid tummy doesn't allow it :(

there's loads of gorgeous trousers that I covet, but they'll never be mine :mad: I can get away with jeans cos they hold things in a bit!

8 pairs of black woollen socks from m&s, and 3 white t-shirts -arrived this morning - i'm always losing socks - no such worries for the next 8 days:cool:

I wish I could wear trousers, but my horrid tummy doesn't allow it :(

there's loads of gorgeous trousers that I covet, but they'll never be mine :mad: I can get away with jeans cos they hold things in a bit!

My stomach is enormous! I just squeeze it into them and wear tops that cover it up. :D

Gah! Trousers are frustrating, aren't they? I have to say, and M&S 10 is usually my best fit, but I sometimes have found it really tough finding a pair that fits right around my waist, tum and hips (pre pregnancy I'm talking about!) as I think I've always had a size 12-ish waist, and 10 bum and hips. Hipsters have therefore been my friend historically.

My hips and thighs are the main problem - I have to wear an 18 to get them over them, but my waist is a lot smaller proportionally, so they always gape open at the back.

my hips are probably at least a dress size smaller than my waist, so if I get a good fit in the waist, they'll balloon at the hips.

much easier sticking to skirts :D

My mother always said that there was nothing like trying on trousers for making you feel deformed. I go for the "squeeze it in and wear a long top" option. La Redoute - at least in their plus size range - do a small selection of garments in three different shape fittings. I've had a few of them in the "bottom heavy" fitting and they were quite effective: http://www.laredoute.co.uk/Search/SearchResults.aspx

spent some of my uniform allowance yesterday at work and got a clingy dark purple (pansy apparently) dropped waist dress with a sash. It's knee-length and has a cowl neck, it's very sexy in a tasteful, smart kind of way, it's very adult. :D :oops:

I've also earmarked a charcoal grey cashmere cardigan/wrap flowy thing for next week. :cool:

My mother always said that there was nothing like trying on trousers for making you feel deformed.

That's so true, there's nothing more hit and miss than buying trousers. I think it's because the cut needs to be so more exact for a good and flattering fit.

Topshop skinny jeans make me look enormous, I always want to cry when I try them on. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom