Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Detail your latest clothes and slap-related purchase(s) here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the LBD: http://www.wallis.co.uk/webapp/wcs/...ategory_rn=140428&productId=1612763&langId=-1

I mean, it's really nice and looks terrific on, but when am I going to wear this? Part of the problem is that the things I'm liking and buying are all on the same theme of slightly dressy going-out clothes. They'd be perfect if I went out on romantic dates and to posh restaurants and shit; unfortunately my social life although full is mostly variants of "going to the pub". What I could really do with is more funky everyday type stuff. Eg a nice hoodie. But I'm not seeing stuff like that.

If I was going to be sensible I'd take the damn thing back to the shop.

image4xl.jpg

I bought this recently, and am wearing it with a long-sleeved grey-marl t-shirt underneath.
It's so comfy and had loadsa compliments
http://www.asos.com/Nw3/Nw3-By-Hobb...0&pgesize=-1&sort=-1&clr=Pixel+Floral+Scatter

Fab frock, Ruby! Wear it everywhere! I wear going out dresses for daywear all the time.

I bought this panda bag to cheer me up on a work trip tomorrow.

AAAAAo6dePIAAAAAAJqi-A.jpg

Here's the LBD: http://www.wallis.co.uk/webapp/wcs/...ategory_rn=140428&productId=1612763&langId=-1

I mean, it's really nice and looks terrific on, but when am I going to wear this? Part of the problem is that the things I'm liking and buying are all on the same theme of slightly dressy going-out clothes. They'd be perfect if I went out on romantic dates and to posh restaurants and shit; unfortunately my social life although full is mostly variants of "going to the pub". What I could really do with is more funky everyday type stuff. Eg a nice hoodie. But I'm not seeing stuff like that.

I do this. I buy things for my life in a parallel universe where I frequent cocktail bars and go to film premieres :oops:

In my real life I spend all my time in jeans and t-shirts/jumpers and the things I buy for my other life go unworn. I've got better but I still catch myself eyeing up gorgeous but impractical items of clothing when I go shopping.

Don't you have any long-sleeved t-shirts you could wear under it, to casualise-it up a bit?

I do this. I buy things for my life in a parallel universe where I frequent cocktail bars and go to film premieres :oops:

I don't think it is that exactly - I'm quite happy being slobby and unsophisticated. I think it's either complete coincidence that the shops are having a phase where the posh going out stuff is nicer than everything else, or it's that although there's nicer stuff available in my size now, it's still aimed at the more mature lady... I may be knocking on a bit but I don't think I will ever be mature...

Rubes I strongly advise you to just wear the nice dresses and other clothing anywhere :) Who cares if its a bit dressed up for the occasion - its purdy, you'll look fab and theres no point in having clothes that you don't wear.

Do it!

I think lots of people get relatively dressed up for weekend nights out, things like offline and friends birthdays drinkies. I doubt anyone would look down on you for dressing up :)

Rubes I strongly advise you to just wear the nice dresses and other clothing anywhere :) Who cares if its a bit dressed up for the occasion - its purdy, you'll look fab and theres no point in having clothes that you don't wear.

Do it!

I concur with this...........have tried hard not to buy stuff and then not wear it.........saving stuff is silly and who cares even if you are a bit 'dressed up' it makes you feel good so fuck it !

Fab frock, Ruby! Wear it everywhere! I wear going out dresses for daywear all the time.

I bought this panda bag to cheer me up on a work trip tomorrow.

AAAAAo6dePIAAAAAAJqi-A.jpg

I love those bags!!!
I've nearly bought one on a couple of occasions but just haven't had the money at the time.

I went a bit mad last night because I had a 20% off voucher sent to me for Simply Be.

I am going to be a bridesmaid in April and wanted something to change into for the evening.

http://www.simplybe.co.uk/shop/prod...pdBoUid=1985&lpgUid=11148613#colour:185,size:

http://www.simplybe.co.uk/shop/prod...pdBoUid=1985&lpgUid=11148613#colour:185,size:

I prefer the lace one but the appeal of the first one is it has sleeves so I don't have to wear a cardi to cover the bingo wings.

Also for bridesmaid duties somewhere to keep cash and ciggies. Magic Sam will probably be holding this for most of the day.

993vn66850athumb.jpg

I love this bag but wonder if I should have got the black instead?

991du43250athumb.jpg

094ax20952bthumb.jpg

094hq66908athumb.jpg

094kh50729athumb.jpg

I also ordered some vests and a pair of harem pants that will probably go straight back.
I have ordered most of it in a size or two smaller which is risky but sod it.

I can't really afford it but needed some new stuff and the 20% off runs out monday.

Incidentally I had a lot of trouble persuading Accessorize to take those earrings back. The first shop I went into refused point blank to give me a refund on the grounds that earrings are non-refundable. I'm doubtful about the legality of this because I'm sure there's some kind of right to cancel a contract when buying online that can't be overruled by a shop's own policy. Not to mention the fact that the earrings are really not as pictured on the website at all. So I just went into a Monsoon, didn't mention that it was earrings, they didn't pick up on it and gave me a refund.

Need to get new sunglasses soon. They are such a tricky thing to buy and I am always torn between cheap ones so I care less if they get scratched/lost. Would love a decent pair of Oakley Juliets or maybe another pair of aviators but the £ is a lot.

My mum-in-law very sweetly bought me some cool stripey tights at the H&M Sonia Rykiel launch... wearing them today with my denim mini.

r680491-p681241-front.jpg

I bought one of those ^^^

And I look *just* like her in it.

It's ace - I can never get all-in-one things long enough in the body but because you wear your own bra with that one it's not an issue. Also it doesn't have stupid bloody suspenders on it so I no longer have to wear stockings under leggings :D

It's extremely comfy. I'm going to buy another one :cool:

Poor trashy got shown it as soon as I arrived at her house :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom