Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Crystal Palace 21/22 Season: Vieira in the Area

Added to the list
These should be included in the list
_120715509_maupay2.jpg

Chins up, we played really well even Benteke scored and as the great
Steve Coppell once said, "luck evens its self up over a season."

Last edited:
Without Zaha the omens were on the wall, but saying that, a draw away at the Arsenal can't be all bad, but the United time equalizer :facepalm:

Both Guehi and Andersen are great buys at the price we got them at. Andersen has made a couple of errors (gave away a goal against Leicester) but the thing with both is they are young and even younger as an EPL central defensive partnership and they are just going to get better as time passes. They also play well together. Palace have had decent central defenders over the years but I rate this pair as potentially as good as any other pair we've had (maybe Young and Thorne were the best over the past 30-40 years?). And we got the pair of them on 5 year contracts for less than £30m - I think they're amazing value at that price. I've been talking up Guehi for England, although I still don't know how quick he really is, despite having seen him play 5 times now, he's just always in the right place so he doesn't seem to need to sprint, Ferdinand-esque imo.

Both Guehi and Andersen are great buys at the price we got them at. Andersen has made a couple of errors (gave away a goal against Leicester) but the thing with both is they are young and even younger as an EPL central defensive partnership and they are just going to get better as time passes. They also play well together. Palace have had decent central defenders over the years but I rate this pair as potentially as good as any other pair we've had (maybe Young and Thorne were the best over the past 30-40 years?). And we got the pair of them on 5 year contracts for less than £30m - I think they're amazing value at that price. I've been talking up Guehi for England, although I still don't know how quick he really is, despite having seen him play 5 times now, he's just always in the right place so he doesn't seem to need to sprint, Ferdinand-esque imo.
Young & Thorne, that's going back a bit. Going back a bit further, Derek Jefferies was a great central defender, part of a great team not to mention a bit of a nutcase.

Back
Top Bottom