Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Crystal Palace 21/22 Season: Vieira in the Area

Good to beat United on Saturday, a great end to the season. Good to bump into alsoknownas at half time too.
Was great to see you fella.

Particularly enjoyed Slider in the concourse pre-match. Load of punk covers and generally anarchy in far too small a space, with disgruntled oldsters trying to navigate it all, and teenagers clearly experiencing their first punk vibes :D . Class!

:D

Er yeah. What about it?

Crystal Palace fan Gordon Law of Holmesdale Online has clearly established that Crystal Palace were founded in 1905. That was the same year as Chelsea and Charlton Athletic.
To claim they were founded in 1861 is typical Crystal Palace desperation to try to turn pure plasticity into something they believe gives them gravitas.
Relax, be proud to be the MacDonalds of football, after all MacDonalds is a successful business.

More like a plastic child’s toy given away with those foul burgers to promote the latest fad.
Crystal Palace Football Club were not founded in 1861, and to incorporate that date in club logos or literature is sadly desperate.
A bit like Milton Keynes Dons trying to claim their existence goes back to 1889 when Wimbledon were founded. But MKD don’t do that because they are a much cooler club than Crystal Palace right now, they know who they are, and their stadium is not a dump in the middle of nowhere.

Last edited:
Yeah yeah.

The fact that it annoys people like you so badly is funny though, you have to admit.

Jealousy is an ugly emotion.:D

I am not jealous. Nor annoyed. Simply telling it how it is.
Your reaction is one of the annoyed party.
Perhaps you ought to discuss things with Gordon Law.

Is that a plastic version of McDonald's?

If only we had the authenticity of a plastic imitation of McDonalds.

Compared to the "gravitas" and "authenticity" of Mr Philosophical, we barely exist in the material plane of reality, nothing but a non-fungible token, a digital construct in the hyper-real simulcrumgeist of late capitalism.

Or something. You know what I mean right?

Yesterday at 7.56 it was you who initiated this mini exchange with me.
You are the irritated one because I questioned the 1861 delusion, but you now wish to project your angst onto me.
Go and get a burger and a plastic toy and relax, look foreword to your game against Arsenal (a club who fiddled their way into the top division) you suit each other.

Crystal Palace fan Gordon Law of Holmesdale Online has clearly established that Crystal Palace were founded in 1905. That was the same year as Chelsea and Charlton Athletic.
To claim they were founded in 1861 is typical Crystal Palace desperation to try to turn pure plasticity into something they believe gives them gravitas.
Relax, be proud to be the MacDonalds of football, after all MacDonalds is a successful business.

More like a plastic child’s toy given away with those foul burgers to promote the latest fad.
Crystal Palace Football Club were not founded in 1861, and to incorporate that date in club logos or literature is sadly desperate.

:p

Before starting next season's thread, we should reflect on Palace's achievements in our first season under Vieira.

FA Cup semi final
Beat 4 of the 'big 6' clubs.
The only team not to concede against Man City.
3 Players in England squad (if you include Gallagher)
Unbeaten in last 7 home games.

Any more?

Yesterday at 7.56 it was you who initiated this mini exchange with me.
You are the irritated one because I questioned the 1861 delusion, but you now wish to project your angst onto me.
Go and get a burger and a plastic toy and relax, look foreword to your game against Arsenal (a club who fiddled their way into the top division) you suit each other.

I'm not irritated pal, the 1861 has a massive whiff of bullshit about it of course it does. I'm just amused by your absolute fury against Palace, it's a slightly rare thing, it's special.

Even Brighton don't really care that much on the whole, they're too laid back, Millwall obviously don't really give a shit and regard us with contempt, which is fine with me I'm not into the macho posing thing. It's only really Charlton who usually get so narky about Palace and that's only really because in 100+ years they haven't managed to find a proper Hate Team and they were desperate for one, still are, we didn't bite.

Also your obsession with "gravitas" and "authenticity" is funny. Objectively (I mean it's quite silly) but also because it's exactly the sort of bullshit that branding entrepreneurs and marketing dickheads go on and on about, it's kind of existentially illogical - the more you enthuse about it, the more you chase it the less you have it.

Anyway, as you were. You're right about Arsenal of course, in my book they will never win an actual League title until they purge the 1919 promotion by getting relegated and then winning their way back up properly.

Before starting next season's thread, we should reflect on Palace's achievements in our first season under Vieira.

FA Cup semi final
Beat 4 of the 'big 6' clubs.
The only team not to concede against Man City.
3 Players in England squad (if you include Gallagher)
Unbeaten in last 7 home games.

Any more?
Saved the Premiership from being an all-white managers league yet again.

I'm not irritated pal, the 1861 has a massive whiff of bullshit about it of course it does. I'm just amused by your absolute fury against Palace, it's a slightly rare thing, it's special.

Even Brighton don't really care that much on the whole, they're too laid back, Millwall obviously don't really give a shit and regard us with contempt, which is fine with me I'm not into the macho posing thing. It's only really Charlton who usually get so narky about Palace and that's only really because in 100+ years they haven't managed to find a proper Hate Team and they were desperate for one, still are, we didn't bite.

Also your obsession with "gravitas" and "authenticity" is funny. Objectively (I mean it's quite silly) but also because it's exactly the sort of bullshit that branding entrepreneurs and marketing dickheads go on and on about, it's kind of existentially illogical - the more you enthuse about it, the more you chase it the less you have it.

Anyway, as you were. You're right about Arsenal of course, in my book they will never win an actual League title until they purge the 1919 promotion by getting relegated and then winning their way back up properly.
You would like Arsenal to be more authentic, admit it.

Back
Top Bottom