Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Criminalising Pregnant Mothers who Drink

I think that's pop pyshcology nonsense. I think that's an easy statement to make to someone you don't agree with putting them in a position where they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. That's intellectually dishonest IMO.

No it's having a laugh at your faux outrage; it's a little joke.

Are your boots full yet?

Cheers -Louis MacNeice

Judgement?

Is that really the right word?

I had assumed he, then, was a she for a while. Why should that be seen as derogatory?
Ah, now correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that this may be an example of that 'strawman' you were talking of. I did not say that it was derogatory.

It isn't hyperbole. I have repeatedly asked, in many threads when similar accusations are made, for evidence of the behaviour in question to be provided. It is never provided. The same thing happened in the Feminist Frequency thread. Instad I was barred fromt he discussion.

That is why i am critical of the discussion on here. This sort of nonsense. I came here looking for sensible discussion, not cliquishness.

But people have been having a sensible discussion.

It's the age old, just because a group of people disagree with you, doesn't make it a clique.
It's not the fault of the people disagreeing that they disagree with you.

Are people just supposed to change their minds so it doesn't seem cliquey?

Are you serious? You accused me of some rather nasty behaviour and then set me up for you to play your silly little game? Then you wonder why you get accused of being intellectually dishonest?

Am i to now assume your accusation was not serious?

no one sets you up. they don't have to, you are your own worst enemy

Are you serious? You accused me of some rather nasty behaviour and then set me up for you to play your silly little game? Then you wonder why you get accused of being intellectually dishonest?

Am i to now assume your accusation was not serious?

No no no...you've got that one already. Have a go at feminism poisons everything.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

But people have been having a sensible discussion.

It's the age old, just because a group of people disagree with you, doesn't make it a clique.
It's not the fault of the people disagreeing that they disagree with you.

Are people just supposed to change their minds so it doesn't seem cliquey?
Evidence of a clique would be a group of users including a moderator who were happy to bandy about accusations of behaviour they cannot and will not evidence.

I am not complaining that people are not in agreement with me. I have no problem with that at all.

Do you honestly not see why it's not evidence?

Is your behaviour here typical for feminists, or are you just an unpleasant evasive exception?

it is a statement that you were banned for disruptive behavior. how is it not evidence that you got a ban and the given reason you were banned?

anyway, if anyone actually wanted proof that you are more than capable of disruptive behavior, then you've given them ample on this thread

Evidence of a clique would be a group of users including a moderator who were happy to bandy about accusations of behaviour they cannot and will not evidence.

I am not complaining that people are not in agreement with me. I have no problem with that at all.

pmsl.

Yep. And much as I disagreed vehemently with almost everything he said, newbie was at least debating the point and not trying to turn things around and play the victim.

Outa here. Thread's gone shit. :(

This is just an interlude. Newbie will be back and the discussion can resume. In the mean time it's back to the caped crusader.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

It doesn't appear that way to me. Sorry.

it is a statement that you were banned for disruptive behavior. how is it not evidence that you got a ban and the given reason you were banned?

anyway, if anyone actually wanted proof that you are more than capable of disruptive behavior, then you've given them ample on this thread

I didn't ask you to provide eveidence that FM, a biased moderator who abuses his position, barred me from that discussion since I have not disputed that. I asked you, again, for evidence of the accusation you made in this thread.

Evidence would have to come from things I have said. YOu don't seem to understand this so it would be better for you to retract your accusation. Would you like to do that? Or would you like to continue being dishonest and lacking any integrity?

Back
Top Bottom