Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coronavirus: music festivals, big gigs, sports events and big gatherings - going ahead and cancelled

Because you said people that can afford social lives aren’t poor.
People who can afford to go out to a concert can’t be. Big arena gigs cost around £50, and then you’d have to get there, find somewhere to stay etc. could cos a few hundred

People who can afford to go out to a concert can’t be. Big arena gigs cost around £50, and then you’d have to get there, find somewhere to stay etc. could cos a few hundred

What else shouldn’t they have to qualify as poor. A car? Sky tv? Heating?

What else shouldn’t they have to qualify as poor. A car? Sky tv? Heating?
I’ve no idea where you are coming from with this. I’m not criticising anyone but those with disposable income who are petty enough to try and claw their money back while being aware of how precarious the industry is right now.

Sometimes people's circumstances have changed. A friend, for example, was on furlough for the duration and has been on reduced hours since.

When she booked some tickets pre-lockdown, she could afford them at a stretch as a treat. Now she can't and asked for a refund when the gig was rescheduled. She's on just above minimum wage so is not exactly rich.

I’ve no idea where you are coming from with this. I’m not criticising anyone but those with disposable income who are petty enough to try and claw their money back while being aware of how precarious the industry is right now.

Try the post above to understand.

But you won’t get it, which is why you cope so badly in life.

Night.

Try the post above to understand.

But you won’t get it, which is why you cope so badly in life.

Night.
I think you have a problem about something else and are taking out on me as your posts have been so strange. And really fucking presumptuous. You don’t know me, yet you seem to think you know how I’m getting on in life and all sorts of other stuff. So you’re either getting me mixed up with someone else or have jumped to some erroneous conclusions about me. You’re creeping me out tbh. I bid you good night, and trust you not to engage with me any more.

I think you have a problem about something else and are taking out on me as your posts have been so strange. And really fucking presumptuous. You don’t know me, yet you seem to think you know how I’m getting on in life and all sorts of other stuff. So you’re either getting me mixed up with someone else or have jumped to some erroneous conclusions about me. You’re creeping me out tbh. I bid you good night, and trust you not to engage with me any more.

Yet you know how all these concert goers are going in life.

One hundred percent pure.

Sometimes people's circumstances have changed. A friend, for example, was on furlough for the duration and has been on reduced hours since.

When she booked some tickets pre-lockdown, she could afford them at a stretch as a treat. Now she can't and asked for a refund when the gig was rescheduled. She's on just above minimum wage so is not exactly rich.
Hmm, I’ve worked in London on minimum wages or less, and couldn’t even afford to go the pub let alone concert gigs. To me then, people who did this were wealthy to me. Even after earning more, drinks were out of the question, I just had to do it straight edge.
From where I was at the time, the concert goers were all middle class or poshos who wouldn’t understand when you told them a gig you were invited to was way out of reach cos it was so dear

Orang Utan and B.I.G you are both shouting about different demographics, have a glass of tap water and chill out.

Well they are thinking about the plight of the struggling business owner and I’m thinking about the person that paid for entertainment they can’t receive. Whereas they can’t comprehend anyone paying for entertainment becoming hard up.

Well they are thinking about the plight of the struggling business owner and I’m thinking about the person that paid for entertainment they can’t receive. Whereas they can’t comprehend anyone paying for entertainment becoming hard up.
They’re not hard up when they’ve bought a ticket for £50 are they?

They’re not hard up when they’ve bought a ticket for £50 are they?

Again. Their circumstances may have changed. It may have been a gift and now they need the money. They may have had the spare money and now they don’t. They may feel they shouldn’t have to pay for something they didn’t receive.

Examples from others have been provided on this thread.

Hmm, I’ve worked in London on minimum wages or less, and couldn’t even afford to go the pub let alone concert gigs. To me then, people who did this were wealthy to me. Even after earning more, drinks were out of the question, I just had to do it straight edge.
From where I was at the time, the concert goers were all middle class or poshos who wouldn’t understand when you told them a gig you were invited to was way out of reach cos it was so dear
She's not in London.

You are judging others for not doing so well in life they can afford to spare money for things they didn’t receive.
You’re doing the judging here. It’s not judgmental to observe that people with money to spend on big nights out are probably doing ok and so I’m surprised to see them demand refunds, instead of just signing it off.

You’re doing the judging here. It’s not judgmental to observe that people with money to spend on big nights out are probably doing ok and so I’m surprised to see them demand refunds, instead of just signing it off.

Still don’t have any awareness I see. Work on that and you will do better in life.

In the meantime the poor will have to do without going out to avoid your judgment.

Still don’t have any awareness I see. Work on that and you will do better in life.

In the meantime the poor will have to do without going out to avoid your judgment.
Please stop patronising me and making assumptions about my life. I’m only judging the people who can afford to forego the price of a ticket, but who go to the trouble of getting refunds when the bands need that money more

Back
Top Bottom