Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coronavirus: music festivals, big gigs, sports events and big gatherings - going ahead and cancelled

We're still lined up (Xmas present from festivaldeb!) for Mark Chadwick** (Levellers main man!) at the ultra-conspranoid, frequently anti-vaccination-rantimg town of Glastonbury on Saturday 29th January! :eek:

**Hope no-one saw that pre-edit ;)

At least I know which nutter-avoiding pubs, etc., to get to, there! :D ;)

Anyway, to anyone :facepalm: still suggesting that Glastonbury 2022 won't happen, fuck that shit maaan!!!!! :thumbs:

Happenng, or I'll be seriously depressed :( :(

But in a very undepressed way ATM, I'm actively confident that we'll be there. :)

The only place to be, this coming June.

June this year even! ;) :cool: :) :D

and GlastonWICK just announced as well. Smaller though.

I am a little concerned about Attila though. He's dropping the colour coded paper tickets, posted to you in a hand written envelope, and we are getting electronic tickets instead. They'll be taking cards at the bar next. Is nothing sacrosanct?

and GlastonWICK just announced as well. Smaller though.

I am a little concerned about Attila though. He's dropping the colour coded paper tickets, posted to you in a hand written envelope, and we are getting electronic tickets instead. They'll be taking cards at the bar next. Is nothing sacrosanct?

He just tested positive an hour ago-ish

When this is all sufficiently over, can you put on a great big fuck off Offline, with urbanites as a priority, please? So we can all have a roaring twenties catch-up?
Feeling sad that, a year later, this still doesn't seem possible indoors yet, but might it work somewhere outdoors, editor?

Feeling sad that, a year later, this still doesn't seem possible indoors yet, but might it work somewhere outdoors, editor?
There's nowhere outdoors that I could imagine would work I'm afraid, least not anywhere remotely near me.

I am definitely considering an indoor one later this year though because that's the only way I can see myself having a relatively stress free night where I'm able to raise money for charities.

I’m supposed to be having a dance tonight at Wire in Leeds as Objek is playing but am having the collywobbles now and may chicken out. Could do with the release though. Haven’t had a dance amongst comrades for over 2 years

The opera singers are back in action at work. The rehearsal room is in full swing, with the windows wide open and I can currently hear somebody murdering In the Sally Garden..!

Normality..! :D

Doesn't seem like anyone can get even the tiniest thing off the ground where I live at the moment. Nearly everything gets cancelled last minute

I’m still planning/setting up tech to allow for remote presenters at every single event I’m involved with at the moment. At almost every event it’s been needed. Still huge numbers of people having to change at the last minute due to being positive.

Since Lloyd Webber featured in this thread in the past for various wanky and badly timed pandemic stances, I thought I might as well post this here.

I file his pandemic story and stance under 'wanted to have his cake and eat it and suffered the entirely predictable consequences every step of the way'.

In the letter, the composer praised a “fabulous cast, crew and musicians” and “the superb creative team” and repeated his previous assertion that he had “kept the government’s feet to the flame” during the Covid crisis in which the theatre industry weathered shutdowns, restricted capacities and severe financial difficulties.

The letter continued: “I keep thinking, if only we had opened three months later we wouldn’t have had to postpone our opening twice because of Covid. If only we hadn’t had to close for a month over Christmas and New Year, once again thanks to Covid. And if only we had had a crumb of help from [the government’s culture recovery fund], I promise you we would have been here for a very long while to come.”

Since Lloyd Webber featured in this thread in the past for various wanky and badly timed pandemic stances, I thought I might as well post this here.

I file his pandemic story and stance under 'wanted to have his cake and eat it and suffered the entirely predictable consequences every step of the way'.

Other shows that opened the same time, like the Bob Marley musical, are doing great with bookings into 2023.... Im reading into this that the reason Cinderella closed it's because people don't want to spend so much money to see it

Just so people know (belatedly). And I'd prefer not to comment/condemn/endorse any of this at all. Zero emojis from me, for once!

With our Zoom training for us Glastonbury Info Crew the other weekenf (three weeks ago), there was talk about self-testing for Covid in advance of crew getting on-site. And mention of 'taking care' generally.

But, apparantly, no proof of negative LF Test result required to get onto site. I re-checked this afterwards on-line, but no.

Either for crew (early entry), or public ticket-holders, (who in general, mainly enter site on Wednesday 23rd June)

And, as far as I could tell from the training, more-or-less zero restrictions on-site in general, throughout the festival, for anyone.

Biggest Festival in Europe, city the zize/population of Bath for a week, etc.

Better drink plenty of cider, while not on duty, then!

At least there'll be a large Field Hospital uphill, and a professionally-run and well-staffed 24-hour Medical Centre as well.

ETA : And plenty of wandering parademics.

Last edited:
Attila has it now. He reckons it was Glastonwick where he got it. It’s buggered his European tour. :(
Oh, I thought he had caught it not long ago already, but maybe I misremember, a couple of friend of mine caught it there too, testing negative as of today so catching up with them on Friday before they go back down under.

Please tell me you meant Wed 22nd June?
Nearly shat myself there thinking I’ve fucked my train tickets up.
I've just edited my above post to correct it!! :oops:

Yes, the correct entry date for public ticket-holders first entering GLastonbury 2022!, really will be Wedfnesday 22nd June! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Just seen the above about Attila :( :(

I'd be surprised if he hadn't also had gigs lined up at Glastonbury itself, which no doubt will now be cancelled :( .... unless he recovers in time :confused:

Sort us out with an invite and I'll come!
it'll be my second, so I think I shall be able to send you one for next year?
I only got in this year by hook and by crook as I missed the short ticket selling window - even getting to that stage is a lottery, even for people who've been going for years or even played!

it'll be my second, so I think I shall be able to send you one for next year?
I only got in this year by hook and by crook as I missed the short ticket selling window - even getting to that stage is a lottery, even for people who've been going for years or even played!
I've checked the dates and can't come this year anyway, but defo up for it next time...

I've checked the dates and can't come this year anyway, but defo up for it next time...
Aye, will do - might need reminding though.
This is this year's line up but a lot of them are regulars who play most years:
freerotationlineup2022.jpg
(btw, in information of interest to probably just you and me I only got in this year cos Paddy from Gnod dropped out - think he was supposed to be playing with Transcendence Orchestra - maybe I should bring my trumpet and offer to join in)

Back
Top Bottom