Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

chilean miners - big up, nuff respect..

intrigued as to how the president has been up for 2 days and 2 nights without sleep and still has a permanent smile on his face:hmm:

He is president of a South American country, can you just imagine how good the coke he gets is???

I don't care what any fucker says, I reserve the right to watch the footage and cry when each and every single one of them hugs their loved ones.

Ya bunch of cunts.

I bet you sat and watched Princess Diana's funeral and cried all through that too didn't you. :mad:

I don't care what any fucker says, I reserve the right to watch the footage and cry when each and every single one of them hugs their loved ones.

Ya bunch of cunts.

^This.

This is the first time I recall everything in the US stopping for a foreign news story. I was at a meeting last night and when it was time for the first miner to emerge, we stopped the meeting and turned on the news to watch. Usually that reaction is saved for Spaceshuttle explosions and major buildings falling in NY.

^This.

This is the first time I recall everything in the US stopping for a foreign news story. I was at a meeting last night and when it was time for the first miner to emerge, we stopped the meeting and turned on the news to watch. Usually that reaction is saved for Spaceshuttle explosions and major buildings falling in NY.

Glad to hear the Americans are acknowledging news does happen outside of the US

*ducks*

Seriously though, it's great news innit. I really need to go out but I can't tear myself away from watching miners resurfacing

Speaking of which, CNN was carrying a particularly lame illustration about the rescue on its website :D

nr.hart.chile.miners.cnn.640x360.jpg

They're very smartly dressed miners in their suit shirts and trousers

It is disappointing to see that some of them are not wearing hard hats. Surely this whole incident has demonstrated to them that they are in an environment where stuff is likely to fall on their heads.

It probably stopped for the Berlin Wall falling too, but I was backpacking when that happened. I came back from my trip and found that the world had changed.

1989-2010 - two foreign news stories the Americans have shown interest in. I'm impressed :D

However, as you weren't there, you can't really confirm that so it may only be one story :hmm:

It is disappointing to see that some of them are not wearing hard hats. Surely this whole incident has demonstrated to them that they are in an environment where stuff is likely to fall on their heads.

Well the one that's just been pulled up was the one who was complaining about how the psychologists were treating them. Maybe the psychologist had told him he was to wear his hard hat at all times and that's what pissed him off?

None of the quotes were showing when I posted that. Even the second sentence was missing until I quoted and it appeared. :mad:

very strange

Next one up, Victor Zamora who only went down there for the day to fix a truck and he lost everything in the earlier earthquake. He must be feeling either very unlucky or very lucky, depending on which way he looks at it

It's a wonderful, uplifting story, although it's hard to ignore the cunning political capital being made by some of the government types.

yeah and it's getting worse as the day progresses. chuffed for the miners, of course, but it's sickening to see their plight being so blatantly exploited. oh well, ho hum, back to the telly for a bit

very strange

Next one up, Victor Zamora who only went down there for the day to fix a truck and he lost everything in the earlier earthquake. He must be feeling either very unlucky or very lucky, depending on which way he looks at it

Well, after receiving the Hollywood royalties he'll be a lot better off than he was before the Earthquake, so pretty lucky I'd say.

just heard on the radio 13 chillion minors rescued so far.....is a chillion more than a billion

Stop acting like a nob, you should be grateful to see such a world event orcuring! It will be over next week, you get the chance to be part of the world feeling as it evolves!

Back
Top Bottom