Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

chilean miners - big up, nuff respect..

I know British people swear a lot, but your constant throwing about of 'cunt' is grating sometimes. I've read that visitors to your country find it shocking and disgusting, as well.

JC3 It's the same way Canadians call someone an asshole. Plus, the British have much more clever sayings for everything. I automatically say " where did I put my dressing-gown?" don't you??

I've not watched any coverage from Sky. I think you'll find most people prefer the BBC unless they're looking for breaking news which BBC are slower at putting up until things are confirmed

The fact that you personally prefer the BBC does not change the nature of what the media is all about.

JC3 It's the same way Canadians call someone an asshole. Plus, the British have much more clever sayings for everything. I automatically say " where did I put my dressing-gown?" don't you??

'Asshole' is a gender-neutral swearword; it isn't so misogynistic.

Cunt is no more misogynistic than prick is misandrous. Do you get offended by the word twat?

Cunt, twat, prick, cock, they are all used interchangeably and in normal language are aimed equally at men as women. They can all be used viciously or teasingly, to express extreme anger or mild annoyance. Interestingly, cunt is the only one ever used affectionately.

You call me a bitch, and you are using a word which is used to demean women. You call me a cunt, and you are using a word used to insult people.

I'm not going to bother pointing out the irony of you calling someone misogynistic. Oh, shit. I just did. Ah well.

Graceland gets a bit of the action

Self-proclaimed Elvis fan Edison Pena - the 12th miner to be rescued - has been invited to Graceland, the legendary singer's home. "Graceland would like to welcome home Edison Pena, and has extended a special invitation for him and a loved one to visit Elvis's home in Memphis," the estate said on its website. "We are so glad he is safe, and wish the very best for the other miners still awaiting their rescue."

From the BBC feed

Self-proclaimed Elvis fan Edison Pena - the 12th miner to be rescued - has been invited to Graceland, the legendary singer's home. "Graceland would like to welcome home Edison Pena, and has extended a special invitation for him and a loved one to visit Elvis's home in Memphis," the estate said on its website. "We are so glad he is safe, and wish the very best for the other miners still awaiting their rescue."

I hope he goes :cool:

Thats' your perception. I'd personally rather listen to someone from Britain than Canada speak. It is refreshing to hear " They do not have any" rather than the Canadian " They don't got none you asshole". If cunt is thrown in then so be it. (sorry

Thats' your perception. I'd personally rather listen to someone from Britain than Canada speak. It is refreshing to hear " They do not have any" rather than the Canadian " They don't got none you asshole". If cunt is thrown in then so be it.

Kingston.

You in the army?

Thats' your perception. I'd personally rather listen to someone from Britain than Canada speak. It is refreshing to hear " They do not have any" rather than the Canadian " They don't got none you asshole". If cunt is thrown in then so be it.

See if you can't wash your mouth out

Cunt is no more misogynistic than prick is misandrous. Do you get offended by the word twat?

Cunt, twat, prick, cock, they are all used interchangeably and in normal language are aimed equally at men as women. They can all be used viciously or teasingly, to express extreme anger or mild annoyance. Interestingly, cunt is the only one ever used affectionately.

You call me a bitch, and you are using a word which is used to demean women. You call me a cunt, and you are using a word used to insult people.

I'm not going to bother pointing out the irony of you calling someone misogynistic. Oh, shit. I just did. Ah well.

Whatever. As I said, I've read elsewhere that visitors to UK are shocked and suprised by how much the word 'cunt' gets used there in public.

Thats' your perception. I'd personally rather listen to someone from Britain than Canada speak. It is refreshing to hear " They do not have any" rather than the Canadian " They don't got none you asshole". If cunt is thrown in then so be it. (sorry

Canadian accents are so cute! You just want to take one home and wrap him in plaid flannel.

I'd hate to have to listen to Masterpiece Theatre 24x7. (No offense, to those cunts on the other side of the ocean, of course.) ;)

has the guy who got busted having a 10 year affair come up yet?

Yep. And it was his mistress who was there to meet him, not his actual wife. :):):)*

*TBF, Chile's only had "divorce" laws for five years. There's some context for ya...

Bolloxed if I know where a Canadian comes from by their accent. I know a few but don't know where they come from. One I konw who talks really slow is from Toronto

There's not a huge difference, but there is a slightly different accent on the Prairies. There's a moderately different accent in the Maritimes, quite a different one in Newfoundland, and in Quebec, they speak a whole other language. :)

From what I remember, the accent through the midwest and even up into minnesota, is a lot like the way canadians speak.

We don't say "aboot" instead of "about". What part of Canada sounds like that? (And don't tell me they don't. I've seen the first season of Ice Road Truckers.)

Back
Top Bottom