Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Chagossians win !!

That was a lot longer than a couple of years ago. It could be them trying to complete a PSU, but I rather think its probably 1/3 of a PSU (one working 12 hour shifts whilst the other is off) rather than 2/3.

Good luck to the recruitment team trying to get retired coppers to sign up for that though - £10k for four weeks work where they don't say where it is or anything about what you'll actually be doing. I think most people could guess, though.

Perhaps there are already six plus one there? But a PSU isn’t much use on its own, normally to do any higher end stuff you would need three PSUs in support of each other. It could be that this is designed just to be a fig leaf for a bigger military role if kicks off and/ or to give a single van crew 24/7 or more likely 18 hours a day.

They also aren’t asking for level one so any former members of The Spice Girls won’t have an advantage.

As you say I’m not sure many recently retired old bill will think £10k for this is worth the risk as it seems to read very much like the opening couple of paragraphs of the executive summary of a judge lead enquiry…

Mind you a lot of retired cops are going to be pissed off when it turns out the contact isn’t for the Chagos islands and was instead four weeks guarding a golf course in The British Virgin Islands…

Mind you a lot of retired cops are going to be pissed off when it turns out the contact isn’t for the Chagos islands and was instead four weeks guarding a golf course in The British Virgin Islands…

Would this deployment really be for the Chagos Islands? It doesn't sound like there will be any resettled Chagossians to police in a couple of days or weeks

That was a lot longer than a couple of years ago. It could be them trying to complete a PSU, but I rather think its probably 1/3 of a PSU (one working 12 hour shifts whilst the other is off) rather than 2/3.

Good luck to the recruitment team trying to get retired coppers to sign up for that though - £10k for four weeks work where they don't say where it is or anything about what you'll actually be doing. I think most people could guess, though.
might cover the cost of buying back into the old pension scheme for some recent retirees

the queen can't overrule such a decision, AFAIK, constitutional convention pretty much forbids it
Unless invited to do so by the ruling Government, it has been done a couple of times I believe to kill off Acts that are going to be reviewed in the next session. it avoids a layer of un-necessary paperwork, it makes for a useful ceremonial tool. If the Monarch did so without Parliaments approval or guidance that tool would cause a bit of a 400+ year kerfuffle.

The Plod advert is a touch of over reaction. They are looking for 12 island plods. They will spend most of their time checking out that there is no blood on the floor in the local pubs. Diego Garcia is obviously going to be out-of-bounds for the next 99+ years. No doubt there is some income from letting out DG that will benefit the islanders. The best point is that the Islanders can return to the remaining islands and administer themselves. Like the Maldives, how long those islands will continue to exist is another matter.

Well, there'll still be a formidable US military presence guarding a million square miles of empty ocean and that's the main thing.

After the way those people have been fucked over, they should just be handed all the islands, including their contents, so anyone who tries to mess with them again will have to fear the might of the Chagossian Navy

After the way those people have been fucked over, they should just be handed all the islands, including their contents, so anyone who tries to mess with them again will have to fear the might of the Chagossian Navy
And Air Force.

Back
Top Bottom