Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Celebrity death pool - special coronavirus edition

The Bogdanoff twins have both died of it, one today and one on 28th December. Anti-vaxxers :rolleyes:
The BBC has now covered these deaths:

Family friend Pierre-Jean Chalençon said they had left it too late to seek hospital treatment, deciding it was similar to flu. "People have said they were anti-vaxxers but they absolutely weren't," he told BFMTV. "Several friends told them to get themselves vaccinated but they felt because of their lifestyle and their [lack of] comorbidity, they weren't at risk of Covid."

Asked why they had chosen not to have the Covid vaccines if they were not themselves anti-vaxxers, Luc Ferry said on Monday: "Like Igor, Grichka wasn't antivax, he was just antivax for himself.

"They were both athletic, with not an inch of fat, and they thought the vaccine was more dangerous than the virus."

it's so stupid isn't it. like compellingly so. to me it really does seem as real and visciral as refusing a life jacket on a sinking boat. "not for me. too healthy. i've got my dive to the bottom to the collect the bridge badge."

i talk a lot to my 9yo daughter abotu the pandemic - i don't proselatise (sp) or anythign, we jsut chat about it. and honestly her grasp of it is far far sounder than what i read from a quick skirt around facebook.

Get out those nanoviolins, in more ‘trash taking itself out’ news, Bolsanaro’s far-right guru/mentor Olive de Carvalho has succumbed to Covid after eight days.

(can’t find an English language report, robot translation below)

Pocketnarist writer Olavo de Carvalho died, at the age of 74, on the night of January 24. The news of the death was communicated by the family on the author's social networks. According to the Twitter post, the Bolsonaro family guru was hospitalised in the Richmond region of Virginia (USA).

Olavo de Carvalho had been diagnosed with Covid-19 on January 16. Officially, however, the cause of death has not yet been publicised.

In July of this year, the writer had been hospitalised at the Heart Institute of the Hospital das Clínicas of the USP School of Medicine (InCor), in São Paulo. On that occasion, he underwent a catheterisation. After being discharged, he had new complications and spent more than four months hospitalised in the Saint Marie clinic, in the South Zone of the capital of São Paulo.

Get out those nanoviolins, in more ‘trash taking itself out’ news, Bolsanaro’s far-right guru/mentor Olive de Carvalho has succumbed to Covid after eight days.

(can’t find an English language report, robot translation below)
Can't say he had made it onto my radar before, after a quick read about him: well done Covid.
Guardian article on the death
“He has blood on his hands,” she told the magazine Veja, blaming her father’s “denialist ideas” and dissemination of fake news for the Brazilian government’s delay in purchasing Covid vaccines. “But I do not celebrate his death.”

Far right Russian politician Zhirinovsky just died from covid. Probably the most influential and certainly the most popular far right figure in Russia since the USSR collapsed.

'Predicted' (or more likely had insider information?) the exact start date for the war several months in advance, but failed to predict becoming critically ill with the virus that same month.

The virus has been interviewed about its intentions in this case.

Back
Top Bottom