Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cars You Never See Anymore

Saw a Ford Granada yesterday. It seems to have replaced the ancient delapidated two-seater the owner previously had on the driveway, which now that it's gone I can't remember what it was.

I doubt it's ulez compliantView attachment 393637
I used to have a LHD auto version that I paid £100 for. Had a slight oil leak and smoke would waft from the front grill whenever I stopped at the lights. Lasted a couple of years.

Got three points from a pig who pulled me for a spot check and found a couple of bald tyres. Thankfully he missed the ounce of hash under the passenger seat.

Saw this old Caddy in my local Tesco a while back. The owner had some proper parking skills getting this thing in and out. :D
Everyone should learn to drive in a car of similar proportions. If you can park that, you can park anything. Not sure if they have power steering?

'69 Jeep J-Series single cab Gladiator pick up spotted this morning. Those modern wheels with fake beadlockers are fucking shitgarbage and should be replaced with OEM 15x6 steelies.

1699155849129.png

I left a note to see if old mate wants to sell it as these things are a one-way bet but I'm not optimistic.

'69 Jeep J-Series single cab Gladiator pick up spotted this morning. Those modern wheels with fake beadlockers are fucking shitgarbage and should be replaced with OEM 15x6 steelies.

View attachment 398630

I left a note to see if old mate wants to sell it as these things are a one-way bet but I'm not optimistic.
That appears to be in remarkably good condition

Edit: OK, just zoomed in on the photo and whilst there is a bit of rot it's still a 50+ year old working vehicle

The sills have been shot blasted by gravel (lots of dirt roads around here) but they are solid. Interior is not flash as you would expect.

The guy did text me so we will see if there is a deal to be done.

American cars in British suburbia just look jarringly discordant. I do like the '78 Fleetwood though...

The other one is Coupe de Ville and I don't care for it. Strong Rat Pack energy.

The paint is completely fucked as the pigment in red paint is particularly prone to breakdown by UV light. That's not polishing out.
T-cut first, then a clay bar and polish. Although I've not do one for a few years, it'll bring the paint back.

At least it doesn't have the bubbling clear coat like my mrs' old Renault 5 had. It was probably the first car I felt embarrassed to be seen in.

T-cut first, then a clay bar and polish. Although I've not do one for a few years, it'll bring the paint back.

That would work on single stage paint (depending on thickness) but that's multi-stage paint and large areas of the clear coat are just gone hence the pigment breakdown in the base coat. To get that looking right would mean going down to the bare metal which may or may not be worth it on a '89 Bluebird.

Back
Top Bottom