Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cars You Never See Anymore

Renault 4 brings back memories of my mother's car. Its gear stick came out of the dashboard and ISTR there were only 3 forward gears, but maybe that was just a family joke.

Meanwhile, spotted this in a pub carpark recently. Didn't get a proper look, but it's LHD. Is it a Saratoga, perhaps? (Distorted image due to cellphone.)

Edit: As you can see, I don't really do cars. When I enlarge the image I can see it says Chevrolet. :facepalm:
I would except it is not exactly practical. I don't think it would safely negotiate the ramps down to our garage in that and would it fit in one of our parking spaces.
Could probably fit the 500 in the boot though.

Spied a Corsa series A earlier on the way out of town, branded as the Nova in the UK and probably extinct there (a sizeable percentage were burnt out in my local park by neds). If it’s still there when I’m back in a couple of days I’ll try and get a picture.

Best part of 20 grand for a Vauxhall Nova! Really?

It doesn't even have the benefit of being ULEZ exempt for being a retro city car.

Mad world.

Today’s pick. Thought it was a Mini Moke from a distant view of the rear, but it turned out to be a Citroen Mehari, whatever the fuck that might be. Not so much ‘cars you never see any more’ as much ‘cars you didn’t know existed’.

IMG_2936.jpeg

This was parked very close to the venue of the European senior mini golf tournament, and I really hope it belongs to one of the suave old men we saw there.

Today’s pick. Thought it was a Mini Moke from a distant view of the rear, but it turned out to be a Citroen Mehari, whatever the fuck that might be. Not so much ‘cars you never see any more’ as much ‘cars you didn’t know existed’.

View attachment 386674

This was parked very close to the venue of the European senior mini golf tournament, and I really hope it belongs to one of the suave old men we saw there.
They're 2CV based I think. They look fun for using in warmer climes.

A Ford P100 pick-up, the front of which is based on a Sierra. These were actually made in Portugal so less surprising to find one still about here. Suspect the back is a home-made addition.

I remember seeing one of the cortina-based versions in either Australia or New Zealand a few years ago.
IMG_2979.jpeg

Haven't seen it for ages so I assume it's gone but I used to see a Herbie 53 love bug replica driving around Nottingham.

Not sure I've ever seen one of these...
Parked up in Salisbury this afternoon. Clean as a whistle. White leather interior chef's kiss

Not sure I'd park something this nice in a busy af carpark tbh, given the amount of terrible parkers there are.

20230818_154814.jpg

20230818_154758.jpg

This was a nice spot a couple of weeks ago, pleasingly mundane. I’m not expert enough to tell if it’s a Granada or Cortina, though suspect the former based on the reg (think Granadas in this style were churned out for a couple of years after the Cortina was replaced by the Sierra).

IMG_3578.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom